Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone who hasnt got a decline or acceptance from ur ucas?
    i havent got mine yet and am getting a bit worried

EDIT: i got all my grades now and still no rpely from ucas... should i be worried and call ucas?

ReputationRep:
    nope it's still on the old screen, i'm worried i imagined that conversation with the tutor, it was awfuly early and i'd had like no sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    nope it's still on the old screen, i'm worried i imagined that conversation with the tutor, it was awfuly early and i'd had like no sleep
    u got accepted? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im worried too, I mean even though looking at my results I know Ive passed what they wanted, but i still havent seen the official message. What is UCAS doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    u got accepted? :confused:
    Yes, is it that unbelievable? *worried*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Im worried too, I mean even though looking at my results I know Ive passed what they wanted, but i still havent seen the official message. What is UCAS doing?

I have my official message and the university has e-mailed me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    u see i dont know if i got my results coz i do economics CIE and those results only come out next week!! but my friend got her acceptance!
    im worried!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yes, is it that unbelievable? *worried*
    no no no! i just didnt quite get what u were saying, i get it now its ok.
    congrats
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The tracker is only updated once a day (overnight in fact) by each university. We send a file to UCAS who then at some point get round to loading it onto their computer systems and then the tracker updates.

It takes a lot of time and work to input decisions (even if your offer is EE and you get AAA someone somewhere has to manually compare your offer with your grades, input it onto a database and then at least 2 other people will double check the decision before it will be sent to UCAS). The order in which the decisions get made varies by admissions tutor so some work alphabetically, others sort their applicants by course, others by grades, others by offers etc etc etc.

Don't worry. If you made the grades (or have been told verbally that you're in) then you're in. Go out and celebrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    The tracker is only updated once a day (overnight in fact) by each university. We send a file to UCAS who then at some point get round to loading it onto their computer systems and then the tracker updates.

It takes a lot of time and work to input decisions (even if your offer is EE and you get AAA someone somewhere has to manually compare your offer with your grades, input it onto a database and then at least 2 other people will double check the decision before it will be sent to UCAS). The order in which the decisions get made varies by admissions tutor so some work alphabetically, others sort their applicants by course, others by grades, others by offers etc etc etc.

Don't worry. If you made the grades (or have been told verbally that you're in) then you're in. Go out and celebrate
    arg i hate CIE!! unless they give me a B

ReputationRep:
    u see i dont know if i got my results coz i do economics CIE and those results only come out next week!! but my friend got her acceptance!
    im worried!!!

Dont worry, Im sure youve done fine. Btw, I love your new avatar, cute

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry, Im sure youve done fine. Btw, I love your new avatar, cute
    thanx, much cuter than my last

ReputationRep:
    arg i hate CIE!! unless they give me a B
    That is strange. I got my CIE results on the 10th of August.. more than a week ago!

ReputationRep:
    I saw my UCAS reply :eek: Do you mean yours hasn't shown up?

ReputationRep:
    For some reason, my insurance choice has changed to "unconditional offer" on the UCAS track. Is this the case with everybody? Is it because I met the conditions of my first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    For some reason, my insurance choice has changed to "unconditional offer" on the UCAS track. Is this the case with everybody? Is it because I met the conditions of my first choice?
    Yes..same here!

ReputationRep:
    My damn tracker still hasn't updated. Bleugh.

ReputationRep:
    My bf hasn't got rejected on the ucas site by his first choice even though he was way of the grades. His firm choice still has conditional next to it and not unsucessfull. His insurance has unconditional next to it. Does this mean he may have still got into his first choice?

ReputationRep:
    The university/college is satisfied that you have met the entrance requirements, this means that you have a place for the course shown.
    The University of York, Y50 Philosophy, V500

Yay it's updated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    That is strange. I got my CIE results on the 10th of August.. more than a week ago!
    are we talking abt the same exam board? cambridge international examinations? if yes then why hasnt my school got them and why does the british council website say results out next thursday?!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.