Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I really need your advice. I was accepted for the MASt in Pure Mathematics at Cambridge, with one of the conditions of the offer being to take an IELTS test (band >= 7 in each part).
    I took the exam and today I have received my grades. Although I have obtained the required grades in W, L and R; in the speaking I have a band 6.0... Do you think that they will consider my grades if I upload the TFR?
    This is making me feel really anxious...

ReputationRep:
    I'm also having the IELTS exam next week and I am worried of this exact outcome. I have very good results in Reading and Listening but I'm not so sure about writing and speaking.

I really hope they are not 100% strict on the "every component" requirement. What bands did you get for the other components? Maybe if they're very high they'll make an exception.

I would say send the results you've got and wait for an answer. The worst that can happen is they say you have to take another exam.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge graduate admission offers the possibility of another (relaxed and imo much nicer) assessment done by their language centre if you don't meet the IELTS condition. Upload your results and/or call graduate admission. They'll (probably) refer you to the language centre to arrange for this other assessment. I missed the required results for speaking and writing in IELTS but the LC assessment was no problem.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.