Coralmonkey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys,

In order to motivate myself and hopefully, others, I'm going to be blogging my revision for Alevels. I've been lacking motivation this year, hence why I'm starting revision this late but hopefully this thread will help me cram as much as I can during this stressful exam period.
Spoiler:
Show

AS results:
Maths: A
Biology: A
Economics: A
History: A

This year I take; Maths, Biology and History.
Spoiler:
Show

Predicted grades:
Maths: A
Biology: A
History: A

My personal target grades, however, are A* A* A*.

I will try to update every day, I hope some of you find this helpful!
Coralmonkey
Rep:
?
Today I will be focusing on Biology as my first exam is paper 6 in about 3 weeks.
I'm starting a bit late today but hopefully I can get this done!

Tasks:
-Make colourful notes on A2 core practicals done
-Read over AS practicals done
-Learn and understand the statistical aspects of the exam still need to go through this
-Do one past paper 6 done
-mark past paper done

I think that was a pretty productive day I tried going over the statistical tests and everything but i was so lost so I'm leaving that to go over with my teacher and I'll look for better notes.
Coralmonkey
Rep:
?
Day two: Woke up a bit earlier today and I'm going to focus on history!

Although my sources paper comes first, I'm going to be working on the other paper as it has a lot more content. History notes take me ages so hopefully i can get the following tasks done by today:

Tasks:
-read over past notes on section 1 done
-make notes/essay plans on two sections from topic 4 (1/3 topics) done; took me ages
-write one essay from that section under timed conditions not done because today was such a busy day
-mark essay
Coralmonkey
Rep:
?
Going to do Maths today, focusing on C4. Not feeling too bad about yesterday's History revision because most of my notes were essay plans and hopefully i'll have more time for essay practice closer to the exams.

Tasks:
-Go over C4 notes mostly done
-answer two Past paper questions on each topic and mark them
-do a c4 past paper
-mark past paper

So yesterday was not a very productive day and i didn't do much today because I had something to do. Hopefully I can catch up! That's the beauty of revision, it's never too late to start --or restart!
Coralmonkey
Rep:
?
i've clearly been offtrack for the past couple of days. I've been really busy so I didn't do much revision at all. But, that it is the beauty of last minute revision, it's never too late to start! So starting today I'm hoping to be more strict with my revision.

Today i'll do the C4 work i was supposed to do like 5 days ago haha.

-two questions on each topic
-one c4 paper
-mark paper
thelegend99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol got this recommended. How you feeling?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (13)
30.95%
No (29)
69.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed