Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Charles in Hradec Kralove or Masaryk? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I sat for several exams and passed them all but I managed to narrow it down to Charles HK and Masaryk. Obviously Masaryk has the edge on facilities and Charles on reputation however I have heard that Masaryk is better for dentistry rather than medicine and as I'm doing medicine, this is slightly (maybe not much) worrying. I have limited time to decide and i haven't been able to make a decision yet so I'd like to see what people think. Will going to Masaryk be a missed opportunity regarding Charles or should I just go for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny176)
    So I sat for several exams and passed them all but I managed to narrow it down to Charles HK and Masaryk. Obviously Masaryk has the edge on facilities and Charles on reputation however I have heard that Masaryk is better for dentistry rather than medicine and as I'm doing medicine, this is slightly (maybe not much) worrying. I have limited time to decide and i haven't been able to make a decision yet so I'd like to see what people think. Will going to Masaryk be a missed opportunity regarding Charles or should I just go for it?
    Congratulations for passing exams for Charles HK and Masaryk. I also have offers from both universities but unlike yourself I am looking to study Dentistry. At the moment, I am looking to take up the Charles HK offer due to knowing people studying there already and they say that its a really good university as a whole. Its also a higher ranked university than Masaryk (webometrics.info) and it is more widely recognised when you come back to the UK!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

I have my exams in July. Masaryk, Charles First, Charles Second and Palacky.

Masaryk is my preferred option at the moment as I know someone working in Liverpool who graduated from Brno. Will take any of them to be honest.

Charles HK will be another option for me should I not get through one of these four.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for your insights! However what makes the Slovak university (I assume you mean Commenius University in Bratislava) is much better in terms of academics? I'm naturally inclined to study so that doesn't worry me but I would like to hear more about it.

Czech doesn't worry me either, I was raised with it and I still understand fairly enough! Im also Bulgarian, and Bulgaria frankly scares me! So the attrition rate doesn't scare me in Czech. Okay maybe it does a little, only Charles though. I've heard the professors are picky who to pass and only offer 3 and attempts while Masaryk offers 5.

Still, thank you for your insight on Czech and Slovak universities! I've aleady secured offers in Masaryk palacky and charles and I turned palacky down as it's not right for me. I'm leaning towards Masaryk, does anyone have any insight to offer towards Masaryk?

Edit;; hey, which czech university did you go to? I mean which university did you transfer FROM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny176)
    Thank you guys for your insights! However what makes the Slovak university (I assume you mean Commenius University in Bratislava) is much better in terms of academics? I'm naturally inclined to study so that doesn't worry me but I would like to hear more about it.

Czech doesn't worry me either, I was raised with it and I still understand fairly enough! Im also Bulgarian, and Bulgaria frankly scares me! So the attrition rate doesn't scare me in Czech. Okay maybe it does a little, only Charles though. I've heard the professors are picky who to pass and only offer 3 and attempts while Masaryk offers 5.

Still, thank you for your insight on Czech and Slovak universities! I've aleady secured offers in Masaryk palacky and charles and I turned palacky down as it's not right for me. I'm leaning towards Masaryk, does anyone have any insight to offer towards Masaryk?
    It is very strange that some accounts pop up on here slating a university that they "failed" at. To be honest if someone failed at a university and says there prefer another one due to it being more relaxed and easier to pass then it really doesn't come across well.

Did you sit the exams in April? in London? I have booked to sit Charles 1st, Charles 2nd, Masaryk and Palacky. Think Masaryk is my first choice but decided to give all four a go as A-levels are out of the way.

ReputationRep:
    I did my exams in February! I dont live in the UK and the exams here are offered in April and February. I decided on February since I didnt want them clashing with my A-levels. All 4 are quite difficult without memorizing a lot of common names and structures bit Palacky is way easier. I'd say Masaryk was the hardest but I think it's what I'll pick as I already paid my 140,000 CZK deposit.

If you have some information on Masaryk feel free to PM me or drop some info here cuz I'm starved for information xD

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.