The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult Nursing February 2018 Intake applicants.

Just wondering if there is anyone else who is either considering or has applied for BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing for the Feb 2018 intake. Also what are people doing in terms of funding?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PaigeLizzyN
Just wondering if there is anyone else who is either considering or has applied for BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing for the Feb 2018 intake. Also what are people doing in terms of funding?

Yes I'm going to start in February 2018 :smile: I'm going through student finance,I read on last years threads that they started applying in November for funding and accommodation etc. I'm worried about accommodation!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Rosierosierose
Yes I'm going to start in February 2018 :smile: I'm going through student finance,I read on last years threads that they started applying in November for funding and accommodation etc. I'm worried about accommodation!

Hey! I just reapplied for february starting, have you got a place on the course then? I moved to bournemouth back in may for the course without a place so i'm hoping i get into the course.

Yes I am starting in Feb, do you know where you want to stay yet?
So I'm a student nurse in the Feb 17' intake. Your options will be limited by the locality that you're offered after being interviewed.
These range from Bournemouth, Poole, Salisbury, Dorchester and Yeovil.
Halls/uni house is an option. (I gave this a go, but it was clear when i started placement that it was a poor decision).
Moved into hospital accommodation. Cheaper, but really basic, far away from uni and really anti-social.
It all comes down to whether you can handle long shifts, combined with the noise and disruptions of halls e.t.c.
Reply 5
So how did your interview go, I’ve got mine this month, very nervous! Xx
Reply 6
Original post by meganjoelle
Yes I am starting in Feb, do you know where you want to stay yet?

Hey so, you have a place? When was your interview? X I moved to bournemouth to study here, so fingers crossed I can study here and not in Salisbury or a different area
Hey, mine was in September but I had to defer because of results! I’m sure you’ll be able to study in Bournemouth! Have you had your interview? X
Reply 8
Original post by meganjoelle
Hey, mine was in September but I had to defer because of results! I’m sure you’ll be able to study in Bournemouth! Have you had your interview? X

Hey! When are you deferring till? My interview is tomorrow and I’ve hoping to get the offer to start this February. I’m so excited and nervous! X
Hey! When are you deferring till? My interview is tomorrow and I’ve hoping to get the offer to start this February. I’m so excited and nervous! X

Good luck! I deferred last year for this Feb ! So I start Feb 2018 and staying at royal Bournemouth Hospital :smile: there’s still space for 1 more student so if you haven’t got accommodation try and apply there! X
Oh that’s so exciting for you! Hopefully we can study together! :smile: I fortunately don’t need accommodation providing I get my placements in Bournemouth, will I get a chance to request my preference of placements? X
Hi everyone,

I have my interview tomorrow and i am really nervous because this is a career change for me and worried that i won't be good enough or have good enough reasons for why i want to become a nurse. I am applying for the PG Dip in Adult Nursing. I am really worried that they are going to ask questions surrounding the NHS at the moment and what is going on with the world today....do you think any of that will be mentioned? Or is it just really about you and why you want to become nurse???

I am applying for the lansdown campus

TIA xxx
Original post by sscruzie89
Hi everyone,

I have my interview tomorrow and i am really nervous because this is a career change for me and worried that i won't be good enough or have good enough reasons for why i want to become a nurse. I am applying for the PG Dip in Adult Nursing. I am really worried that they are going to ask questions surrounding the NHS at the moment and what is going on with the world today....do you think any of that will be mentioned? Or is it just really about you and why you want to become nurse???

TIA xxx

Hey!

Everyone keeps saying to me that it will show in the interview how passionate you are! It’s a scary process. I’m just worried about the passport photos at the moment, and I’m reading into a lot of detail and between the lines. What career are you currently in? :smile: heads up, it’s likely they’ll want to know about current issues, so maybe spend today looking into it. They will want to know also why you want to be a nurse- what drives and motivates you? If you wanna chat, just private message me. We can buddy up! :smile:.

Good luck!
Hello,
Interview wise - There's a real focus on what you can bring to the role of a nurse, your reasoning for doing so e.t..c
I don't recall discussing the current state of the NHS e.t.c.
Having an understanding of the course such as units is a bonus. This is what i fell down on.
Assuming the PG Dip is similar to the BSc Hons then topics cover communication, nursing theory(historical to current). Anatomy - Biology aspect and simulated skills practice, placement reflection unit, and developing professionalism.
Hi everyone just had my interview and it went so well.

We didn’t do a group session (not sure why) and the interview was about 15mins and they were so nice and relaxed. I won’t find out for another 2 days yet but I am very hopeful!!

Good luck!! 😊
Hi everyone,

TIA xxx

Can you apply for that campus ? I heard that you can’t that’s why I didn’t :frown: so I applied for the hospital accommodation x
Hi everyone,

TIA xxx

Read this link about campus https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/why-bu/accommodation/health-social-science-student-accommodation bottom page xx
So Health and Social Science related courses are all based on the Lansdowne site.
Some courses, for example, Psychology, social workers and nutritionists have lectures at both uni sites (Talbot and Lansdowne)

If you're referring to accommodation. Then most of the student halls are based on Lansdowne (Near Town centre)
other than corfe house (Poole), and student village (Talbot).
Hope this helps.

Some advice - start with hospital accommodation and see how you get on. It's cheap (£350 compared to the cheapest halls is £500) and you're not tied into a contract.
Then, if you're unhappy with it they can offer you a move to another flat, another block, or potentially the Abbotsbury housing complex.
Hey sorry, just been reading your forum because I want to become a nurse and go to Bournemouth uni! I was wondering what everyone studied to get onto the adult nursing degree? I’m currently retaking my level 2 functional skills in maths and studying access to higher education in heath. And was wondering if that would be enough to get onto the course? I also have the opportunity to complete 2 & 3 in Health and Social Care (NVQ). Also, how often do they accept new students? Yearly or every 2 years or?? X
(edited 6 years ago)
Is there anyone planning on living at Bournemouth Hospital starting in February 2018?

Quick Reply

Latest