Faatemah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am trying to revise Hamlet, but I literally have no idea where to start and what to revise. If anybody else is also doing this Exam in 2017, then please share your ideas with me. x
alldaydreaming
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I do OCR A Level English Lit (Y13 now) and I'm studying Hamlet.
Firstly, do you know what your assessment objectives are? i.e. what the examiner is looking for? This will really help you focus your revision.
If you don't feel confident at all, I would go over the plot just to re-familiarise yourself with the play. Don't forget about the sub-plot, the revenge tragedy genre & contextual information around the time the play was written.
Then, pick key quotes for each character & maybe practice analysing them - using literary criticism whilst doing this to really up-level your answers.
Look at a few exemplars to see how the top students have written their essays.
Practice writing your own responses - you can find loads of questions on Hamlet (for OCR) on this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xs0g475lg...A%20Level?dl=0

This is just general revision advice for A Level Lit - if you'd like any specific help with anything let me know
Faatemah
Rep:
?
(Original post by alldaydreaming)
Firstly, do you know what your assessment objectives are? i.e. what the examiner is looking for? This will really help you focus your revision.
If you don't feel confident at all, I would go over the plot just to re-familiarise yourself with the play. Don't forget about the sub-plot, the revenge tragedy genre & contextual information around the time the play was written.
Then, pick key quotes for each character & maybe practice analysing them - using literary criticism whilst doing this to really up-level your answers.
Practice writing your own responses - you can find loads of questions on Hamlet (for OCR) on this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xs0g475lg...A%20Level?dl=0

This is just general revision advice for A Level Lit - if you'd like any specific help with anything let me know
Spoiler:
Show

thank you this is really helpful!
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

this is really helpful, thanks!
Faatemah
Rep:
?
anybody know the books next year?
SarahDoesNotCare
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi, I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing any other resources that you may have from english lit like good quotes or context etc, because I'm also doing Hamlet, Rossetti, and dystopia, and your resources were really helpful. Thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.96%
They might tell the bully (15)
13.04%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.52%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.65%
There's nothing they could do (32)
27.83%

Watched Threads