The Student Room Group

Government and Politics- AQA

If I just learnt two units in each unit, like the broader area.
So, for example, in Unit 1, only revising and learning about Electoral Systems, Participation&Voting Behaviour.
Would that be risky, just doing two out of the 4? Because I'm starting to get the hang of what I'm actually doing.
Original post by zaraam
So, for example, in Unit 1, only revising and learning about Electoral Systems, Participation&Voting Behaviour.
Would that be risky, just doing two out of the 4? Because I'm starting to get the hang of what I'm actually doing.

Heck my college is only teaching 2 units per paper. In AS, we did only 2 for each paper. A2, we did 3 for GovP4 but 2 for GovP3. I prefer that because I'm not wasting my time learning stuff that I won't even end up revising. if you focus your time on those topics and learn them well enough, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to answer any question. Play to your strengths and take the "you choose the question" thing to your advantage!
Reply 2
Original post by greghayes
Heck my college is only teaching 2 units per paper. In AS, we did only 2 for each paper. A2, we did 3 for GovP4 but 2 for GovP3. I prefer that because I'm not wasting my time learning stuff that I won't even end up revising. if you focus your time on those topics and learn them well enough, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to answer any question. Play to your strengths and take the "you choose the question" thing to your advantage!

Thankyou! See, they're teaching us pretty much all of it, some of the topics are briefly taught which confused me to no end since I didn't understand what I'm actually doing, since they didn't teach the full extent to it, but I was looking at past papers and only understood you need two topics on each unit so I guess that's good!
Original post by zaraam
Thankyou! See, they're teaching us pretty much all of it, some of the topics are briefly taught which confused me to no end since I didn't understand what I'm actually doing, since they didn't teach the full extent to it, but I was looking at past papers and only understood you need two topics on each unit so I guess that's good!

If you need any help, give me a shout. My topics are:

AS
GovP1 - electoral systems & pressure groups
GovP2 - constitution & parliament

A2
GovP3 - elections and voting & voting behaviour
GovP4 - constitution & Supreme Court
Reply 4
Original post by zaraam

Id say learn two really well and learn a third but not in the same detail as the first two. Learning three will be safer
My politics teacher- who is very behind on teaching us what is required- told us to learn 3 out of the 4. One has only taught me 3, and the other is teaching me all 4 so I can decide. I would maybe revise, voting behavior, electoral systems and pressure groups because there is less they can ask about pressure groups.

My advice would be to learn the 3 that you are most confident on... I am not learning political parties :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by greghayes
If you need any help, give me a shout. My topics are:

AS
GovP1 - electoral systems & pressure groups
GovP2 - constitution & parliament

A2
GovP3 - elections and voting & voting behaviour
GovP4 - constitution & Supreme Court

Hi can you please send me notes on GOVP3 AND 4 please !!! i can dm you my email if you like
Original post by 90'S
Hi can you please send me notes on GOVP3 AND 4 please !!! i can dm you my email if you like

Sorry I don’t have my notes anymore...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending