The Student Room Group

Transferring universities through UCAS

I want to apply to transfer to Cardiff University to study Politics and IR, however I'm not sure if my current course is similar enough that I would be accepted into second year. Is it possible to apply for the Politics and IR course at Cardiff twice in the same UCAS application, once applying to start from year one and then once applying to start from year 2? Thank you.
Original post by charlmay
I want to apply to transfer to Cardiff University to study Politics and IR, however I'm not sure if my current course is similar enough that I would be accepted into second year. Is it possible to apply for the Politics and IR course at Cardiff twice in the same UCAS application, once applying to start from year one and then once applying to start from year 2? Thank you.

Why dont you contact the uni direct and see how they suggest you should proceed?

Yes, typically you can apply for both entry points.

As 999tigger suggests, your first action should be to contact the department/university to see if they would entertain an application for either year. I would personally also send a list of your pre-university grades, current modules (with descriptions) and expected results as they will almost certainly ask for that if that are willing to consider you.
Reply 3
Original post by ByronicHero
Yes, typically you can apply for both entry points.

As 999tigger suggests, your first action should be to contact the department/university to see if they would entertain an application for either year. I would personally also send a list of your pre-university grades, current modules (with descriptions) and expected results as they will almost certainly ask for that if that are willing to consider you.

I've contacted Cardiff already, and have sent them an email with all of that info. I am planning to apply through UCAS for definite because it is worth a shot, but couldn't find out any information about whether I could apply for the same course twice that's all! Thank you.
I've contacted Cardiff already, and have sent them an email with all of that info. I am planning to apply through UCAS for definite because it is worth a shot, but couldn't find out any information about whether I could apply for the same course twice that's all! Thank you.

No problem. Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending