Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do we just get random results??????? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people have brought this topic about papers being marked randomly or not properly. I am not complaning, its just that i thought my papers went really well (as in high 90's) but i was surprised by some marks. Here's my breakdown as evidence:

Biology: 269
    unit 1: 88/90
    unit 2 65/90 :eek:
    unit 3 116/120

Chemistry: 295
    unit 1: 85/90
    unit 2: 90/90
    unit 3: 120/120

Physics: 269
    unit 1:90/90
    unit 2: 81/90 (thought i would get higher)
    unit 3: 98/120 :eek:

Maths:
    P2 - 94/100 (thought higher but coz of those cheaters everyone's marks prob lowered).
    M1 - 83/100 :eek: (one of the papers hoping for 100% on)
    S2 - 89/100 (again thought it would be 100% or very near)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    A lot of people have brought this topic about papers being marked randomly or not properly. I am not complaning, its just that i thought my papers went really well (as in high 90's) but i was surprised by some marks. Here's my breakdown as evidence:

unit 3 116/120

Maths:
    P2 - 94/100 (thought higher but coz of those cheaters everyone's marks prob lowered).
    Get a life. Many people have missed their offers or have achieved grades significantly below what they expected. Stop wasting people's time complaining about a couple of marks.

(Original post by musicman)
    Get a life. Many people have missed their offers or have achieved grades significantly below what they expected. Stop wasting people's time complaining about a couple of marks.
    Here here, what is the point of this thread exactly? You think there's some kind of mistake because you got good A's and not amazing ones? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    WOT WOT, u guys need to chill. I have just heard a lot of ppl thinkin they got random results as in 85s then all of a sudden 2 60s or somin like that out of the blue which they were not expectin. I am not tryin to be ungrateful....merely asking if this has happened 2 a lot of ppl. Shish!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well they are different topics - you might be better in one than the other. That's why. But I wouldn't use :eek: for 98/120!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Well they are different topics - you might be better in one than the other. That's why. But I wouldn't use :eek: for 98/120!
    CANT YOU PEOPLE SEE ITS NOT 'RANDOM RESULTS' BUT PROBABLY THAT YOU DID WORSE IN ONE PAPER THAN U DID IN ANOTHER, IN MEDIA I GOT 54/90 AND THEN 87/90 ON THE OTHER, NOT WEIRD, I JUST DID WORSE ON PAPER ONE!!! HONESTLY. DO U THINK UR SO GOOD THAT U SHOULD GET 100%?? IF THATS SO, THEN LIKE SOME OTHER PERSON SAID EARLIER, GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Calm down. Sometimes it can be disappointing if you get a slightly lower mark than expected even if you did get a good grade overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danii17)
    CANT YOU PEOPLE SEE ITS NOT 'RANDOM RESULTS' BUT PROBABLY THAT YOU DID WORSE IN ONE PAPER THAN U DID IN ANOTHER, IN MEDIA I GOT 54/90 AND THEN 87/90 ON THE OTHER, NOT WEIRD, I JUST DID WORSE ON PAPER ONE!!! HONESTLY. DO U THINK UR SO GOOD THAT U SHOULD GET 100%?? IF THATS SO, THEN LIKE SOME OTHER PERSON SAID EARLIER, GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why are you quoting me! That's what I said, except I was being polite instead of shouting.

ReputationRep:
    WOT WOT, u guys need to chill. I have just heard a lot of ppl thinkin they got random results as in 85s then all of a sudden 2 60s or somin like that out of the blue which they were not expectin. I am not tryin to be ungrateful....merely asking if this has happened 2 a lot of ppl. Shish!!!!
    No you're not..you're being a ****ing loser and trying to show off. The guy above is right... you should get a life! Consider those who JUST missed their offers..and here's you complaining cos you didn't get 100%. LOSER!! CLASS A LOSER!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    No you're not..you're being a ****ing loser and trying to show off. The guy above is right... you should get a life! Consider those who JUST missed their offers..and here's you complaining cos you didn't get 100%. LOSER!! CLASS A LOSER!
    That's the worst argument u could possibly come up with u ****. Again u have not read my post at all. I simply wanted to see if this has happened to other people and it has reading similar threads about random results. I was merely expecting high marks and if i have the potential to get it y shouldn't i try. Listen don't start swearing coz that just shows u cannot discuss anything in an appropriate way and I M SURE U WOULD NOT SAY THAT TO MY FACE. AATTMM has said the same thing but in a decent manner. Swearing at me through a website - LOL even my smaller brother has more manners than you. StarblueUK is exactly right and many people on this forum will feel like that.

Calm down. Sometimes it can be disappointing if you get a slightly lower mark than expected even if you did get a good grade overall.
    And as for the people that missed their offers, I geniunely hope that they get to where they want in the end and wish them the best of luck with it. I can't imagine wot they must be goin through. BUT my thread was not directed at them at all and nor was i tryin to show off. For goodness sake how can posting results be showing off + i posted them to show u the great variety of marks of which i strongly beleived should have been more consistent.

U need to realise this a forum made primarily to help people and not to direct verbal abuse at any threads which you may not like!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    That's the worst argument u could possibly come up with u ****. Again u have not read my post at all. I simply wanted to see if this has happened to other people and it has reading similar threads about random results. I was merely expecting high marks and if i have the potential to get it y shouldn't i try. Listen don't start swearing coz that just shows u cannot discuss anything in an appropriate way and I M SURE U WOULD NOT SAY THAT TO MY FACE. AATTMM has said the same thing but in a decent manner. Swearing at me through a website - LOL even my smaller brother has more manners than you. StarblueUK is exactly right and many people on this forum will feel like that.

And as for the people that missed their offers, I geniunely hope that they get to where they want in the end and wish them the best of luck with it. I can't imagine wot they must be goin through. BUT my thread was not directed at them at all and nor was i tryin to show off. For goodness sake how can posting results be showing off + i posted them to show u the great variety of marks of which i strongly beleived should have been more consistent.

U need to realise this a forum made primarily to help people and not to direct verbal abuse at any threads which you may not like!!!!!!!!!!!
    Naa, you're a show off. I bet your little brother also has better manners than to show off. I bet no one likes you in school. I can see it now..you're a braggart. You try to boast and make it appear modest.

pffff..comparing me to your little bro. I'm just being honest man. I've learnt that the way to deal with braggarts like you is to be honest. Be nice and you never change. Go on, carry on bragging; just remember this..there's ALWAYS someone smarter than you.

Take Care pal,

John

PS - I could say it to your face and then spit in your eye. What are you; Mr Muscles?

ReputationRep:
    Can't be bothered to read the whole thread because it smacks of arrogance/insensitivity. To make your point these was no need to list every paper score especially when they were all so high. No need to show off, bro.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I must admit to being a little confused over my results too.. in a unit I thought I'd get a C in I got A and one I thought I'd get A I got C! But of course I'm not complaining, the point is I got into my first choice uni and I'm very lucky !

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well said, it's the overall grade that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I got 96/100 for S2, and 93/100 for M1 and I'm not complaining....but something seems fishy, because I definitely thought I'd got about 98-100% on those. Oh well....don't really care anymore. I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    i understand what you're saying - it seems weird how in my music class 3 people got 100/100 in one module and 3 got 100/100 in another. do they round up to the nearest 10 or something? i know about ums, but surely its not THAT inaccurate?

ReputationRep:

unit 3 116/120

Maths:

[SARCASM] OH MY GOD!!!! That is really really really bad. [/SARCASM]

Why dont you piss off, and we'll save our concern for people who really deserve it, rather than attention seeking idiots like yourself.

You're a spoilt brat who needs a good dose of the real world.

I'm sorry if this post sounds harsh, but some of the stuck up idiots on this forum really get me angry.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.