Barrister / solicitor with criminal record? Watch

BigandBeautiful
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
That is where you plead your case and they take it case by case. Obviously if you are going to try and get through then you will say your situation is exceptional and tbf the detail wasnt really given. I doubt the panel will warm to the OP if she presents herself as she has done on the thread.
Someone with a first from Oxford can easily look the regulations up. She also has nothing to lose.
She?

Some boys have boyfriends
loooopppyyy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Graduated from Oxford and refer to people as white trash, coupled with your attitude and criminal convictions.

I'm guessing you stand little chance of being accepted and I hope for everyones sake this happens.
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
That is where you plead your case and they take it case by case. Obviously if you are going to try and get through then you will say your situation is exceptional and tbf the detail wasnt really given. I doubt the panel will warm to the OP if she presents herself as she has done on the thread.
Someone with a first from Oxford can easily look the regulations up. She also has nothing to lose.
There is a slight point of detail on this. See the SRA rules on this at https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/ha...1/content.page.

The SRA rules distinguish between different offences.

For less serious offences, the rules say that the SRA will consider your application on a case-by-case basis. For example if you've received a local warning from the police or accepted a caution from the police for an offence not involving dishonesty (or a few other things).

For mid level offences, the rules say that the SRA is more likely than not to refuse your application if you've accepted a caution for an offence involving dishonesty (or a few other things).

For more serious offences, the rules say that "Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will refuse your application".

I take that as saying that, if something more serious has happened, unless you can prove exceptional circumstances the SRA won't even consider the application to start with.
loooopppyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jacketpotato)
There is a slight point of detail on this. See the SRA rules on this at https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/ha...1/content.page.

For less serious offences, the rules say that the SRA will consider your application on a case-by-case basis. For example if you've received a local warning from the police or accepted a caution from the police for an offence not involving dishonesty (or a few other things).

For mid level offences, the rules say that the SRA is more likely than not to refuse your application if you've accepted a caution for an offence involving dishonesty (or a few other things).

For more serious offences, the rules say that "Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will refuse your application".

I take that as saying that, if something more serious has happened, unless you can prove exceptional circumstances the SRA won't even consider the application to start with.
A caution is considered mid level offense, the op has been to prison for assault, he literally stands no chance of being accepted...
BigandBeautiful
Rep:
?
(Original post by loooopppyyy)
Graduated from Oxford and refer to people as white trash, coupled with your attitude and criminal convictions.

I'm guessing you stand little chance of being accepted and I hope for everyones sake this happens.
they are
loooopppyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BigandBeautiful)
they are
A bit rich coming from a thuggish domestic abuser with multiple convictions of assault?? lol k...
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jacketpotato)

Yes I know. I have answered threads on this situation before.
As the OP is well qualified, they are capable of googling the answer in more detail by themselves. As they have managed to rub up most of the people on this thread the wrong way, then I thought i'd save myself the effort of typing it all out. The OP is plenty bright enough to be able to plead their own case.

ps your point is relevant though.
BigandBeautiful
Rep:
?
(Original post by loooopppyyy)
A bit rich coming from a thuggish domestic abuser with multiple convictions of assault?? lol k...
Ever been stuck in a rent lease with someone who's sole passion in life is a chihuahua? You'd turn to domestic violence too
iqra1269
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hello i was working as a security officer .No one told me about company policy apart from there i m new in uki was working as a security what i know is if some thing bad happen on the site on duty i m responsible for that . One night i was on duty and i went for patrolling so i saw a mouse in ware house where only computers are .. i saw mouse so i was panic and i started a thing tto capture that mouse but i didnt ..so after that my boss called me at office i went there they made false allegations on me that i stole some thing but its clear in cameras u havent .. he threaten me that i m a refugee and continuously threatening me i left the office (where my husbnd waitng) and went out alone on road and hence decide to suicide .. my husbnd informed police and hence they found me take me to hospital (mental help) and now the company file a case against me so what should i do .. should the police arrest me while investigation on these basis? after that can i sue my company for threatening me ?
sadiaali941
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
hi you know someone who had more than one criminal conviction practicing
sadiaali941
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
hi did he have more than one criminal conviction and what was the criminal convictions
sadiaali941
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
do you mind me asking which convixtions they were as I have two myself and have disclosed it to sra mine is a road traffic and a obstruction of a police officer I got fine for both of them
sadiaali941
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
can you please tell me what mitigating circumstances there was to support their case as it could massively help me
sadiaali941
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
so he a solicitor now was it in uk
sadiaali941
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
and how long ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads