The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy AS & A2 help

Hey guys,

If anyone feels like they need any help with AS or A2 philosophy or even wanting to chat about it, feel free to send me a PM. I'm predicted at least an A in both exams, and it's good revision for me. :smile:
hey! do you know about religious language - myths / non cognitive and cognitive / the ways it can be interpreted! if so pleeease could you talk 2 me about it.x
Original post by bbeSk
hey! do you know about religious language - myths / non cognitive and cognitive / the ways it can be interpreted! if so pleeease could you talk 2 me about it.x

Hey, yes I've studied about cognitivism and non-cognitivism. Do you want to go through it?
Original post by clucky_chick
Hey guys, If anyone feels like they need any help with AS or A2 philosophy or even wanting to chat about it, feel free to send me a PM. I'm predicted at least an A in both exams, and it's good revision for me.

Hey, if you could send me any model essays/tips on how to structure the 9 mark,15 mark and the 25 mark questions, I'd be eternally grateful! :smile:
I'm not focusing on A2 revision until after AS revision is finished, so I haven't got 25 mark answers at the moment. However, I do have a 14/15 mark essay I produced which you can look at if you wish. Best thing to do is learn the mark scheme levels that are on the mark schemes to truly make sure you are always hitting top levels.
I'm not focusing on A2 revision until after AS revision is finished, so I haven't got 25 mark answers at the moment. However, I do have a 14/15 mark essay I produced which you can look at if you wish. Best thing to do is learn the mark scheme levels that are on the mark schemes to truly make sure you are always hitting top levels.

Oh that's fine. I'm focussing on AS rn too. If you could send that to me that would be really, really helpful!
Original post by LadyLoony
Oh that's fine. I'm focussing on AS rn too. If you could send that to me that would be really, really helpful!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-BkXj4fktrfgTRstfSOzpKIsgg_Dz-AzbeieuI9oZZs/edit

Here you go, and I've added teachers comments. I will write up my design theory essay later which got 13/15. You wouldn't have to write something as long as this in the exam (I'm a quick writer), but it must be to that quality. Quality over quantity. :smile:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-BkXj4fktrfgTRstfSOzpKIsgg_Dz-AzbeieuI9oZZs/edit

Here you go, and I've added teachers comments. I will write up my design theory essay later which got 13/15. You wouldn't have to write something as long as this in the exam (I'm a quick writer), but it must be to that quality. Quality over quantity. :smile:

Omg thank you so much! :smile: This is so helpful thank you!! And if you don't mind sending me the design theory later on, that would be great.

We've literally only had one mock all year and no other essay practise, since my teacher has been off quite a lot. I'm panicking a bit :frown:
No problem! If there is any specific content you need help with or anything else, let me know. I'll type up the design theory in the next few hours. :smile:
Hey, yes I've studied about cognitivism and non-cognitivism. Do you want to go through it?

ah i would be so grateful....???? really reslly dont understand its purpose or just like myths, symobls, etc. ;SSS

tysm <33
Original post by LadyLoony
Omg thank you so much! :smile: This is so helpful thank you!! And if you don't mind sending me the design theory later on, that would be great.

We've literally only had one mock all year and no other essay practise, since my teacher has been off quite a lot. I'm panicking a bit :frown:

Here is the design theory essay. It was quite poor in places, but I hope it helps a little: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KxNs4KI5YN0V-WV1MXVcxUMmlETrcqh3VUzFmK43JpY/edit?usp=sharing
Original post by bbeSk
ah i would be so grateful....???? really reslly dont understand its purpose or just like myths, symobls, etc. ;SSS

tysm <33

Just making sure - you are on the AQA board for Philosophy? We haven't really looked at symbol or myths. I'll outline cognitivism / non-cognitivism for you.

Cognitivism is: Attempts to convey facts or information which are either true or false (truth evaluable). It is assumed that religious language is cognitive in nature. e.g. it snowed in London yesterday. We can verify this statement in terms of truth or falsity. Examples of cognitivist theories include: Verification principle, falsification principle, Mitchell and Hick.

Non-Cognitivism is: Claims that do not attempt to convey information and cannot be truth evaluable. They have a different function. e.g. God is perfect. We cannot verify this statement in terms of truth or falsity. Examples of non-cognitivist theories include: Hare and Wiggenstein
No problem! :smile:
Reply 13
Ok basically im screwed, I only ever get 3 or 4 in my 15 markers and i've never actually practised the paper for Philosophy of religion, does anyone have any tips for me please?
Reply 14
Ideas and concepts are the same so a question on are there innate ideas is the the same as are there innate concepts. For an innate concept question I wouldn't bring in any knowledge stuff. However for a question like is knowledge innate you could bring in concept stuff and say, since all knowledge comes from concepts and no concepts are innate, we have no innate knowledge. Something like that.
Reply 15
No problem! If there is any specific content you need help with or anything else, let me know. I'll type up the design theory in the next few hours. :smile:

do you have any modal 5/9 markers
Any model A2 answers would be amazing!! Seriously struggling with the 25 markers x
Original post by ohmyameliajane
Any model A2 answers would be amazing!! Seriously struggling with the 25 markers x

They are very difficult. My teacher is an examiner for AQA and said that nobody got 25/25 last year in the country. I'll have a look through my files and see if I can find any model answers. :smile:
They are very difficult. My teacher is an examiner for AQA and said that nobody got 25/25 last year in the country. I'll have a look through my files and see if I can find any model answers. :smile:

Please may you slide me any model answers if you find them? Thankyou!!

hello, do you still have the model 25 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending