The Student Room Group

BTEC level 3

Hi, I'm currently studying BTEC business level 3 extended diploma and was wondering whether or not I can go to university with only this. I am also studying another A level although I don't know whether or not I'm going to pass it so I was just wondering whether or not if Icould go to university with only the BTEC.
I think u can. U need to get distinctions and that. It dependss on the uni u wana go to...check what is required.

I am studying health ane social care level 3 and the college minimum grade is DM so i have to get above that

Aim for distinctions. Btecs can get u in2 uni but... btec level 2 wont. Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Justagirl1
I think u can. U need to get distinctions and that. It dependss on the uni u wana go to...check what is required.

I am studying health ane social care level 3 and the college minimum grade is DM so i have to get above that

Aim for distinctions. Btecs can get u in2 uni but... btec level 2 wont. Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply. Currently I have achieved all distinctions and so far will be continuing to get them my college teachers have told me. How many UCAS points would that add up to if I may ask?
Original post by Random_Person12
Thanks for the reply. Currently I have achieved all distinctions and so far will be continuing to get them my college teachers have told me. How many UCAS points would that add up to if I may ask?

Tbh i dont understand UCAS points..but if uve achieved all distinctions then u defo will be able to get into uni..maybe ask a teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Justagirl1
Tbh i dont understand UCAS points..but if uve achieved all distinctions then u defo will be able to get into uni..maybe ask a teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, thanks for helping and answering my question. I'll ask my teachers as soon as the holidays finish. Hope you have a good holiday and get your targets for your subjects.

You can use this calculator to check what your results are worth in ucas points - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

You should also go to different uni websites to check their requirements as well so you know what to aim for because they all have their own requirements.
Alright, thanks for helping and answering my question. I'll ask my teachers as soon as the holidays finish. Hope you have a good holiday and get your targets for your subjects.

Thank youu :smile: have a good holiday and keep working hard. Good luck :smile: all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest