The Student Room Group

I've failed the course already?

Hi,

Today I was meant to do my Sociology Presentation. I don't know how many credits it was worth or anything but according to the booklet, the Presentation was worth 6 credits with an essay. But that was for a different module.
The teacher never mentioned anything about credits for this presentation.
All I know is that it was our 'first assignment'.

I've been told that the pass mark for the access course is 72 credits.And i've looked throught the whole assignments and they add up to 72 credits in total.

But, I have to travel 25 miles to do my access course and was on the way this morning when I have a flat tyre and was stranded on a dual carriageway.

Now i'm worried that i've failed the course! :frown: :frown:
Reply 1
First of all, don't panic! Have you been in touch with your tutor to explain the situation? I'd recommend emailing them asap, so they know you didn't just not bother to turn up. I don't know much about the access course system, but I'd be surprised if you weren't offered a second chance to give the presentation, or an alternative one, later on in the semester. I'm sorry you had such bad luck right at the beginning - it's a pity, but I'm sure it's not an automatic failure!
Reply 2
Hi!

Thanks for the advice.

I had a lesson today and explained the situation and apparently I wasn't the only one who missed the lesson. My tutor has said its fine for me to do the presentation on Monday!
Reply 3
mr worry
Reply 4
You dont need 72 credits to pass. The Access course is out of 72, your teacher may of been mistaken!

I highly doubt you need 72/72 credits to pass!
Reply 5
On my access course we have to get 60 out of 66 credits to pass and they need to include at least 48 credits at level 3 and 12 at level 2 (which I think is equivalent to gcse level).
Reply 6
Pipkin, why did you neg rep me for being 'racist' in this post?
I'm sure you don't need to pass ALL the credits to pass, that would be really unfair. :-) Good luck on the rest of your course! Mine really prepared me for university.
Hands_Clean
Hi,

Today I was meant to do my Sociology Presentation. I don't know how many credits it was worth or anything but according to the booklet, the Presentation was worth 6 credits with an essay. But that was for a different module.
The teacher never mentioned anything about credits for this presentation.
All I know is that it was our 'first assignment'.

I've been told that the pass mark for the access course is 72 credits.And i've looked throught the whole assignments and they add up to 72 credits in total.

But, I have to travel 25 miles to do my access course and was on the way this morning when I have a flat tyre and was stranded on a dual carriageway.

Now i'm worried that i've failed the course! :frown: :frown:

Just email/phone your college and explain as soon as possible. They'll understand it's not your fault. Btw my friend got 60 something % in her access course and passed....
I wouldn't be surprised if you have failed the course, Hands_Clean. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending