The Student Room Group

I'm thinking things may get messy between us so should I distant myself?

I'm a female and I'm good friends with this girl but she has a crush on this guy who is really good looking, smart and charismatic, lots of girls are into him. However I never saw him in that way before but earlier in the year he has been showing signs that he likes me. It's been a slow ongoing progress and I kind of fell for him so now I'm crushing back, i feel bad for my friend but I just can't help the way I feel when I'm with him now.

On the other hand, his best friend, without even knowing these guys knew each other formed a friendship with me, told me his deep side but I don't really see him more than a friend. I thought my crush might have gotten jealous so I told him he's a friend only and he told me his friend doesn't see me that way (as a friend). Its seems like my crush isn't bothered that his best friend likes me, maybe he is just good at hiding it but I think he is pursuing me even more so, especially when other guys show interest in me. We're all at uni and neither his friend nor my friend know that me and this guy like each other and I'm worried if me and him may end up pouring our hearts out about our feelings that it won't end well with my friend, as girls can be so jealous and bitter. I'm sure his best friend won't be too happy either.

Should i withdraw or keep leading it to something more serious despite the consequences that it may bring with it?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a female and I'm good friends with this girl but she has a crush on this guy who is really good looking, smart and charismatic, lots of girls are into him. However I never saw him in that way before but earlier in the year he has been showing signs that he likes me. It's been a slow ongoing progress and I kind of fell for him so now I'm crushing back, i feel bad for my friend but I just can't help the way I feel when I'm with him now.

On the other hand, his best friend, without even knowing these guys knew each other formed a friendship with me, told me his deep side but I don't really see him more than a friend. I thought my crush might have gotten jealous so I told him he's a friend only and he told me his friend doesn't see me that way (as a friend). Its seems like my crush isn't bothered that his best friend likes me, maybe he is just good at hiding it but I think he is pursuing me even more so, especially when other guys show interest in me. We're all at uni and neither his friend nor my friend know that me and this guy like each other and I'm worried if me and him may end up pouring our hearts out about our feelings that it won't end well with my friend, as girls can be so jealous and bitter. I'm sure his best friend won't be too happy either.

Should i withdraw or keep leading it to something more serious despite the consequences that it may bring with it?

Boils down to whether you want to take the risk of a romance with this guy v the consequences.

You can talk to your friend, but in her position she could be supercool , or embarrassed or feel betrayed you didnt tell her sooner and made her look foolish. Only people who know her cna guess what the reaction will be.

Only you can weigh the risk up. You could try talking to her and ask her advice, which is a bot of emo blackmail getting her permission. She is likely to get over it if you say you are genuinely wiling to walk away.

I would say about him that hes made his interest known, but you know she is keen. You wont do anythng unless shes ok with it as you think the friendship is more important (assuming thats how you think). Presumably she will give you reluctant approval. You are then free to proceed without her going ballistic.

If you do it anyway then you just have to deal with the consequences. Talk to her.
Attachment not found
Reply 3
That is super messy. without proof that he is serious about you it isn't worth the risk of hurting others.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Boils down to whether you want to take the risk of a romance with this guy v the consequences.

You can talk to your friend, but in her position she could be supercool , or embarrassed or feel betrayed you didnt tell her sooner and made her look foolish. Only people who know her cna guess what the reaction will be.

Only you can weigh the risk up. You could try talking to her and ask her advice, which is a bot of emo blackmail getting her permission. She is likely to get over it if you say you are genuinely wiling to walk away.

I would say about him that hes made his interest known, but you know she is keen. You wont do anythng unless shes ok with it as you think the friendship is more important (assuming thats how you think). Presumably she will give you reluctant approval. You are then free to proceed without her going ballistic.

If you do it anyway then you just have to deal with the consequences. Talk to her.

I do remember asking my friend last year if she still had a crush on the guy but she said she doesn't anymore, again I don't know how she would react if she finds out I like him now. I see a lot of other girls on social media friend zoning themselves just to get closer to him which is mad because I can tell he only has eyes for me. I think it's sad for everyone involved if something happens because we are all close and he is a great guy, but I don't want to lose out an a potential just because my friends like him! I was also heartbroken when his best friend was saying all these amazing things about my crush, because it fuelled my interest even further. If something was to happen I may wait till we all graduate, if we're still single that is.
Reply 5
Original post by Hayyz91
That is super messy. without proof that he is serious about you it isn't worth the risk of hurting others.

Yeah you are right, so far there's no verbal proof. Only actions and he hasn't said anything. I'm not the one to instigate anything unless he makes his intentions clear with me. Even then I'll keep it lowkey.
I do remember asking my friend last year if she still had a crush on the guy but she said she doesn't anymore, again I don't know how she would react if she finds out I like him now. I see a lot of other girls on social media friend zoning themselves just to get closer to him which is mad because I can tell he only has eyes for me. I think it's sad for everyone involved if something happens because we are all close and he is a great guy, but I don't want to lose out an a potential just because my friends like him! I was also heartbroken when his best friend was saying all these amazing things about my crush, because it fuelled my interest even further. If something was to happen I may wait till we all graduate, if we're still single that is.

You are now being ridiculous and seem intent on wasting energy and making a bigger issue of it than it is.

Option 1 Do nothing
Option 2 Talk to both of them and then decide.
Option 3 Do it anyway.

Just make your choice. You are sounding like 13 rather than 18. It doesnt have t be a melodramatic as you are making it.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
You are now being ridiculous and seem intent on wasting energy and making a bigger issue of it than it is.

Option 1 Do nothing
Option 2 Talk to both of them and then decide.
Option 3 Do it anyway.

Just make your choice. You are sounding like 13 rather than 18. It doesnt have t be a melodramatic as you are making it.

I won't bring it up to my friends just yet till the guy explicitly says he wants me. I don't know if I should feel guilty though. Should I sacrifice my happiness for the sake of my friends even though I'm really keen on the guy. I feel a mixture of emotions
I won't bring it up to my friends just yet till the guy explicitly says he wants me. I don't know if I should feel guilty though. Should I sacrifice my happiness for the sake of my friends even though I'm really keen on the guy. I feel a mixture of emotions

Thats fine, but you are wasting fa too much energy on it. Its just a boy. there will be others. Only you know the people involved and how important a friend she is and how interested you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending