The Student Room Group

Highlighting in Exams

I find it so much easier to highlight key parts of exam questions (including sometimes my written answers) and I have done this many times in my mocks without a problem. However I am unsure whether I can highlight in my actual GCSE exams (including highlighting written answers).

Original post by garethbale
I find it so much easier to highlight key parts of exam questions (including sometimes my written answers) and I have done this many times in my mocks without a problem. However I am unsure whether I can highlight in my actual GCSE exams (including highlighting written answers).

id avoid it as you might not know the outcome when scanned
Reply 2
Original post by confuzzedsoul
id avoid it as you might not know the outcome when scanned

is that just for highlighting questions or written answers?
Reply 3
Why would you want to highlight your written answers? To emphasise key words or something?

I used a highlighter for English to underline text, but that's the only time I used one.

I can't see it being a big issue, as long as you use a black pen
Reply 4
Original post by .A_C.
Why would you want to highlight your written answers? To emphasise key words or something?

I used a highlighter for English to underline text, but that's the only time I used one.

you can highlight questions, but not your answers
Reply 5
Original post by .A_C.

I would use it for myself, to see where I may pick up marks
Reply 6
Original post by lilGem
you can highlight questions, but not your answers

thank you :h:
Reply 7

I wouldn't. The highlighter may black out or erase your answer when scanned.
I would use it for myself, to see where I may pick up marks

compelete waste of time dont do it

Quick Reply

Latest