AS geography Watch

meganrosebullard
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone else doing AS Geography in 3 weeks on the new Edexcel specification? If so I'm making online flash cards on here for my revision so if anyone wants to use them too comment and I'll link them to you , also what case studies is everyone learning?
username2613945
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing geography edexcel, online flashcards could be life saver thank you! I'm struggling to find case studies but do far these are the ones i know;

Regeneration; C`nary Wharf, Cornwall, Kielder Forest, Boscombe Spa, Middlesborough and Reading

Globalisation; Absolutely none. I'm freaking out about this one. Any help appreciated haha

Coasts; Bangladesh, Tebua/ Kiribati and Holderness. Extra bit about dorset concordant stuff too

Tectonics; Eyjafjallajokul, new zealand earthquake, Haiti, japan tokotu and kashmir earthquake
Synonym
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by meganrosebullard)
Is anyone else doing AS Geography in 3 weeks on the new Edexcel specification? If so I'm making online flash cards on here for my revision so if anyone wants to use them too comment and I'll link them to you , also what case studies is everyone learning?
link to online flash cards please
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
(Original post by exams2)
I'm doing geography edexcel, online flashcards could be life saver thank you! I'm struggling to find case studies but do far these are the ones i know;

Regeneration; C`nary Wharf, Cornwall, Kielder Forest, Boscombe Spa, Middlesborough and Reading

Globalisation; Absolutely none. I'm freaking out about this one. Any help appreciated haha

Coasts; Bangladesh, Tebua/ Kiribati and Holderness. Extra bit about dorset concordant stuff too

Tectonics; Eyjafjallajokul, new zealand earthquake, Haiti, japan tokotu and kashmir earthquake
Yes literally have the same case studies as you not all of them and a few different ones but mainly the same, i have walton on the naze for coasts too because we had to go for a trip a few weeks back. but i do have some different ones you could look up too.

Tectonics: Fukushima earthquake, Mount merapi earthquake, Mount pinatubo earthquake and The Philippines for a multi hazard zone.

Coasts: Same as you but also have Cornwall and the cumbrian coast, i have a lot of examples for emergent and submergent landforms on a sheet i can upload but idk if we'll need them atm, also have spurn head for examples of a salt marsh and the maldives where they have a programme called mangroves for the future to help their rising sea level.

Regeneration: i have a lot that could help you along with the ones we both have, Stratford, Greenwich, Thames gateway and thames estury airport, Dharavi, Eden project.

As for globalisation the case studies we have done in class that may help you are: China, Bhopal gas tradegy, Mumbai, The Uk's migration, sustainable development goals, rust belt in the usa and sun belt in sydney.

honestly the list could go on and on with geography case studies but i have some sheets from school with case studies on so i'll upload them, and when ive finished the first set of flashcards which is on tectonics i'll link them here
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Synonym)
will do when theyre done, currently on tectonics as its topic 1 and im nearly finished
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
Name:  image1.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  275.8 KB

Globalisation and regenerating places topics and case studies
Attached files
username2613945
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes literally have the same case studies as you not all of them and a few different ones but mainly the same, i have walton on the naze for coasts too because we had to go for a trip a few weeks back. but i do have some different ones you could look up too.

Tectonics: Fukushima earthquake, Mount merapi earthquake, Mount pinatubo earthquake and The Philippines for a multi hazard zone.

Coasts: Same as you but also have Cornwall and the cumbrian coast, i have a lot of examples for emergent and submergent landforms on a sheet i can upload but idk if we'll need them atm, also have spurn head for examples of a salt marsh and the maldives where they have a programme called mangroves for the future to help their rising sea level.

Regeneration: i have a lot that could help you along with the ones we both have, Stratford, Greenwich, Thames gateway and thames estury airport, Dharavi, Eden project.

As for globalisation the case studies we have done in class that may help you are: China, Bhopal gas tradegy, Mumbai, The Uk's migration, sustainable development goals, rust belt in the usa and sun belt in sydney.

honestly the list could go on and on with geography case studies but i have some sheets from school with case studies on so i'll upload them, and when ive finished the first set of flashcards which is on tectonics i'll link them here

Honestly, I'm in awe at how organised you are about geography! I completely forgot about Multi Hazard Zones, thanks for the reminder. also- your school seems so ontop of it, i don't know if anyone else is in my position but mine are still quite confused with the whole new spec thing.
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
Honestly, I'm in awe at how organised you are about geography! I completely forgot about Multi Hazard Zones, thanks for the reminder. Any sheets that would be good for our case studies or synoptic questions would be so appreciated. 😊
Im actually not organised at all for any subject ahah i only started revising yesterday and only have 3 weeks :L, but in geography we have a different book for each topic and my teachers have given out soooo many case studies and sheets i have more than enough aha, its just annoying that theres no revision book for the new edexcel specification yet because its so new so thats not ideal, but yeah ive just uploaded the globalisation and regenerating places topics and case studies above that my teacher gave.
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
Honestly, I'm in awe at how organised you are about geography! I completely forgot about Multi Hazard Zones, thanks for the reminder. also- your school seems so ontop of it, i don't know if anyone else is in my position but mine are still quite confused with the whole new spec thing.
No dont worry so is mine they literally have no clue what will come up or any practice questions to give us obviously because there isnt any yet! so its all one big stress thats why my teachers are literally bombarding us with case studies because they just dont know what else to give us to revise aha, but my physical geography teacher also opened up a google classroom for us to access and he uploads every slide from every lesson on there to try and help us because obviously he has no idea what to give us for the new spec, i can try and upload them if im able too.
username2613945
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im actually not organised at all for any subject ahah i only started revising yesterday and only have 3 weeks :L, but in geography we have a different book for each topic and my teachers have given out soooo many case studies and sheets i have more than enough aha, its just annoying that theres no revision book for the new edexcel specification yet because its so new so thats not ideal, but yeah ive just uploaded the globalisation and regenerating places topics and case studies above that my teacher gave.
there are revision guides!

https://wordery.com/edexcel-asa-leve...FUO3GwodSd4A4g

thats the link to a page where you can get one- theres a human geography one too. our school bought us some but its def available to buy. i would say, if you can, they're worth getting.
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
Oh wow okay thanks! i still didnt think there was one because it was so new, hopefully my school have ordered some then because they said they would when they come out, all we have is the text book atm and its useless
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Synonym)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...ype=flashcards

heres the link to the tectonic flashcards ive made theyre all completed
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/r...ype=flashcards

heres the link to the flashcards i have made on tectonics
amanii_ox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dyu have anything for human?

Posted from TSR Mobile
meganrosebullard
Rep:
?
(Original post by amanii_ox)
Dyu have anything for human?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I've had no time to make the flashcards for it so I'm just using my books and case studies from the sheet i uploaded for tomorrow
😬😩
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?