The Student Room Group

Student finance residency

Hi everyone!

I have received my student finance approval letter today but I haven't recieved my documents back.

It said on the letter that I need to provide original documents and I had to send off my GCSE results and I really need them back.

So will they send them back to me ??
Original post by the-english_nerd
Hi everyone!

I have received my student finance approval letter today but I haven't recieved my documents back.

It said on the letter that I need to provide original documents and I had to send off my GCSE results and I really need them back.

All original documents do get sent back but it can take a few weeks.
If you are worried or need them back urgently then phone up and an advisor can request for them to be sent back to you faster
Reply 2
Original post by the-english_nerd
Hi everyone!

Student Finance will not ask for GCSE certificates - your academic performance is of no interest to them. Your uni will check your exam certificates when you enrol on campus, but they won't ask you to send them in advance.

I don't know where exactly your GCSE certs have gone, but if Student Finance have them, they will be wondering why. It would be worth phoning them to see if they have a record of them arriving.
Original post by Klix88
Student Finance will not ask for GCSE certificates - your academic performance is of no interest to them. Your uni will check your exam certificates when you enrol on campus, but they won't ask you to send them in advance.

I don't know where exactly your GCSE certs have gone, but if Student Finance have them, they will be wondering why. It would be worth phoning them to see if they have a record of them arriving.

gcse/exam certificates are fine for residency, they count as 1 full year of residency for students who were under 18 during the previous 5 years
Original post by murpo
gcse/exam certificates are fine for residency, they count as 1 full year of residency for students who were under 18 during the previous 5 years

I'm a bit confused. do you have to prove you've lived at an address for the time period or just in the UK?
Original post by KristersDK
I'm a bit confused. do you have to prove you've lived at an address for the time period or just in the UK?

both

The evidence is to prove you have been in the UK. They require your address history but don't need evidence that you have lived at every address

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending