The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Grade Boundaries 2017 Predictions

There have been many predictions for English Language and Maths but I would like to know some predictions for English Literature grade boundaries too.
For paper 1, I feel like 50/63 would be a nice level 9 cut off.
For paper 2, I feel like 85/86 would be a level 9.
ONLY PREDICTIONS.
Reply 2
Original post by denaturedenzyme
For paper 1, I feel like 50/63 would be a nice level 9 cut off.
For paper 2, I feel like 85/86 would be a level 9.
ONLY PREDICTIONS.

These are numbers plucked out of the air. The exam hasn't even happened yet. Top grades will be distributed across the top x %
Original post by Ally's
These are numbers plucked out of the air. The exam hasn't even happened yet. Top grades will be distributed across the top x %

Well technically yeah they're picked out of air, but I looked at the % of old spec grade boundaries, and pixl so predictions so they can be classified as an educated guess.
Original post by blootle456
Due to it being a new GCSE it's very difficult to predict the grade boundaries. Naturally, it will be based on how the rest of the country does, but at my school it's been approximately 55% for a 6, 65% for a 7, 75% for an 8, 90% for a 9. Hope that helps

That's funny cos at my school you need 75% just for a B 😂😂
Original post by blootle456
Due to it being a new GCSE it's very difficult to predict the grade boundaries. Naturally, it will be based on how the rest of the country does, but at my school it's been approximately 55% for a 6, 65% for a 7, 75% for an 8, 90% for a 9. Hope that helps

That's funny cos at my school you need 75% just for a 6😂😂
Original post by Parsia
That's funny cos at my school you need 75% just for a B 😂😂

That's about the same in my school too.
Reply 7
My school has been basing the grades
90% for a 9
80% for an 8
Etc.

Which probably won't be crazy off, but honestly who knows at the end of the day!
Reply 8
Would 70+/240be a pass??
Reply 9
Original post by mali246
Would 70+/240be a pass??

Hi that would probably be a grade 4 so yeah that should be a pass
Reply 10
My school has been doing 98-100% for a 9, 90% for an 8, 80% for a 7, 70% for a 6, and so on because of the way they're basing it on top percentages
Reply 11
does anyone remember the question for macbeth or dr jekyll and hyde in the 2017 english literature paper 1 exam

Quick Reply