BohoPrincess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing the Edexcel GCSE in RE Roman Catholic Christianity unit 3 and unit 10. Any tips on revision for this, I usually get B's in my RE mocks so I don't do that bad, I'm just not sure how to revise for it. Also do I need to know some Bible quotes? Our teacher only briefly mentioned something about them but I don't know how important they are in my work and how detailed they have to be or how you explain them. If you know any please tell me or if you know a good website with like a list or something.
PumpkinCastle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

You don't have to know Bible quotes however it would be helpful for the part D question as you can directly refer to a religious teaching. However, you can still do well using no quotes and just using general teachings. The two quotes that I use the most in RS are "love thy neighbour" and "treat others as you want to be treated". If you want to learn quotes those are the two I would recommend the most as they can be used in most questions.

I revise for RS by making sure I know the key terms for Part A and the religious view points for the Part C question, both by using flashcards. Other than that I would recommend doing past papers as they help you to understand the style of questions that you will be asked.
This website has loads of past papers and mark schemes if you want to have a look: https://revisionworld.com/gcse-revis...rs-past-papers

I hope this helped a little
BohoPrincess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by PumpkinCastle)
Hi,

You don't have to know Bible quotes however it would be helpful for the part D question as you can directly refer to a religious teaching. However, you can still do well using no quotes and just using general teachings. The two quotes that I use the most in RS are "love thy neighbour" and "treat others as you want to be treated". If you want to learn quotes those are the two I would recommend the most as they can be used in most questions.

I revise for RS by making sure I know the key terms for Part A and the religious view points for the Part C question, both by using flashcards. Other than that I would recommend doing past papers as they help you to understand the style of questions that you will be asked.
This website has loads of past papers and mark schemes if you want to have a look: https://revisionworld.com/gcse-revis...rs-past-papers

I hope this helped a little
Thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads