Higher Geography 2016/2017 Watch

QueenEM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just made this thread since no one else has.
I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of what could come up this year?
do you think there will be any questions on formation or are they less likely to ask that?
brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by QueenEM)
do you think there will be any questions on formation or are they less likely to ask that?
Maybe you could add the date and exam board so that people know which one it is aimed at

Also, it's important to remember when speculating on what might come up to not just become focused on these and look at every topic that could be covered.
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Maybe you could add the date and exam board so that people know which one it is aimed at
It's in the title- it's Higher geography (the Scottish equivalent to AS) and it's in the Scottish qualifications forum
brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
It's in the title- it's Higher geography (the Scottish equivalent to AS) and it's in the Scottish qualifications forum
Ah apologies! It's just if it appears in the trending threads on the main homepage it may not be as easy to recognise as if it had it in the post or title
Bravehearts_45
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looking at the past papers, I think glacial formations/soils (Lithosphere/Biosphere) is likely to come up as Atmosphere questions and Hydrosphere questions came up in the past two papers of the new higher. They asked two years ago on the formations of coastal features - stack and a spit, so not sure if they'll ask about other features. ^^'
QueenEM
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bravehearts_45)
Looking at the past papers, I think glacial formations/soils (Lithosphere/Biosphere) is likely to come up as Atmosphere questions and Hydrosphere questions came up in the past two papers of the new higher. They asked two years ago on the formations of coastal features - stack and a spit, so not sure if they'll ask about other features. ^^'
Ah yes someone said to me that it was more likely for topics like soils to come up this year because it hasnt been in it!
colt314
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Almost 7 days left and I am needing a B in this subject for my conditions... I better work my arse off considering the amount that I need to learn
Emma Loudon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on what your global issue topics are mines are Health and Development and Climate Change, malaria hasn't came up yet in H&D so I'm praying it's in it this year. I think biosphere has a hugggee chance of coming up since its been 2 years and its not yet.
WallisC1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know what type of questions could appear for Atmosphere on energy transfer? I was unwell when this was taught and have just came across energy transfer in one of my books and have no clue as to what it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rebecca-j121
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yah I'm thinking soils will most likely come up in physical and maybe migration will come up as it has only been in the specimen paper but I'm not definite
colt314
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rebecca-j121)
yah I'm thinking soils will most likely come up in physical and maybe migration will come up as it has only been in the specimen paper but I'm not definite
Fingers crossed soil doesn't come up... I hate it
rebecca-j121
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by colt314)
Fingers crossed soil doesn't come up... I hate it
Nah I'm the complete same, but honestly i hate the whole physical part of the course ahaa
colt314
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah I'm the complete same, but honestly i hate the whole physical part of the course ahaa
I initially hadn't planned on taking it but I need it now for my firm choice of uni if I have any chances of getting in :/
Have you just graduated too?
rebecca-j121
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I initially hadn't planned on taking it but I need it now for my firm choice of uni if I have any chances of getting in :/
Have you just graduated too?
Ah well good luck!! nah I've just finished fifth year and going into sixth once exams are done, what're you going to study?
colt314
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah well good luck!! nah I've just finished fifth year and going into sixth once exams are done, what're you going to study?
Thank you
What subjects have chosen to do?
If things go well then hopefully chemical engineering at either Strathclyde or Heriot-Watt but there are a couple of things which keep coming back to mind and I just hope I do enjoy the course I love science and maths
rebecca-j121
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you
If things go well then hopefully chemical engineering at either Strathclyde or Heriot-Watt but there are a couple of things which keep coming back to mind and I just hope I do enjoy the course I love science and maths
ehmm, advanced higher business, h modern studies, h history and h psychology. awe that seems like it'd be a good choice especially if you really enjoy both maths and science!!
colt314
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ehmm, advanced higher business, h modern studies, h history and h psychology. awe that seems like it'd be a good choice especially if you really enjoy both maths and science!!
You've got yourself something to keep you moving this year then All the best to you and take it easy!
QueenEM
Rep:
?
Thank you
ah snap Ive accepted Heriot-Watt
colt314
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ah snap Ive accepted Heriot-Watt
Heriot-Watt is looking more likely for me now unless I miraculously get this B in geography :dance:

What are you planning to study?
QueenEM
Rep:
?
Heriot-Watt is looking more likely for me now unless I miraculously get this B in geography :dance:

What are you planning to study?
ahaha thee joys of geography! Construction Project management
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%