Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    u wont believe this! i was 1 mark off an A for my A2 bI and 4 marks off an A for Eng. why are examiners so rude???. :mad: 79.8% why cant they just bloody round off the marks??? ne way got onto my course. do u reckon its worth remarking just for the hell of it?? ne 1 else in the same position of just being plainly pissed off with the stupid system??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_angel)
    u wont believe this! i was 1 mark off an A for my A2 bI and 4 marks off an A for Eng. why are examiners so rude???. :mad: 79.8% why cant they just bloody round off the marks??? ne way got onto my course. do u reckon its worth remarking just for the hell of it?? ne 1 else in the same position of just being plainly pissed off with the stupid system??
    if you're on your course, don't get it remarked. there's no point. it would just be for self satisfaction, and you don't need it.

ReputationRep:
    I got 79.5% in two of my subjects I know it is annoying isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Im pissed off with OCR ...still! (and probably will be for a very long time)

The danger with remarking is you can go down, aswell as up, although that probably wont make any difference to you, as it is the grade your interested in, not the actual mark. I think its definately worth it, and as youre A2 you can get speedy speedy remarking which only takes a few days! ...Bargain

toodle oo old bean

I HATE A LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    A-Levels are also important for graduate jobs so even if you have got onto your course, it's worth getting them remarked! You have nothing to lose really.

ReputationRep:
    i got 1/300 off A in my AS maths!! so so so so annoyed!

(Original post by mr_tomus)
    i got 1/300 off A in my AS maths!! so so so so annoyed!
    I thought you meant that you got 1/300, was getting worried then! Um, anyway, get it remarked, 1 mark is easy to gain.

ReputationRep:
    Unless youre dropping maths I wouldnt bother getting it remarked- its not the grade that matters, it the score!

ReputationRep:
    theyre both ocr too!! my god what a stingy board!!! im pissed but reckon i should just leave it coz it might delay gettin me onto my course in some way. do employers really see A2 grades? i had no idea i thought like u only need to say no. of passes or where graduated from. oh what a headache. they really know how to take the piss :rolleyes:

It's not their fault you were 1 mark away supposing they marked it correctly, there has to be a grade which is one out of the next one somewhere, they can't just round up all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I also missed an A in bio by one mark, its suspicious though, i got like 85% plus in all modules apart from unit 8 (AQA) which they reconj i got 8/60!! How much isit to remark modules?

ReputationRep:
    I missed out on my 4th A by one mark, and it was the only subject that i needed an A in 4 uni, cambridge, but am in a pool! ahhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    does remarking affect our uni places in any way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_angel)
    theyre both ocr too!! my god what a stingy board!!! im pissed but reckon i should just leave it coz it might delay gettin me onto my course in some way. do employers really see A2 grades? i had no idea i thought like u only need to say no. of passes or where graduated from. oh what a headache. they really know how to take the piss :rolleyes:
    Yeah a lot of companies do look at a level scores and i know some financial companies say that you must have x number of ucas points since it is difficult for them to compare degree classes at different unis.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the school was supposed to pay for it? Then they get the money back if it does go up a grade.

ReputationRep:
    My Psychology 1 went from 50 to 58 in January, so it's not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Come on guys, it's not just a case of 'rounding up'. When the examiner marks your script they won't know what UMS score you will get and thus cannot tell what grade you have achieved.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.