The Student Room Group

Adam Johnson's sentence was a miscarriage of justice

You are supposed to get a lower sentence if the victim was 13-15. Being rich , famous and biasedly regarded as a 'role model' and having gossipy people talk about it on Facebook is not reason to increase the sentence.

Johnson has been given the same sentence, 6 years, that men get for doing similar to TWELVE year olds. Fondling of FIVE year olds tends to get the same sentence.

Some reports say she performed oral sex on him. But he was only convicted of KISSING her on the mouth and 'sexual grooming'. There were no threats- she fancied him and the usual sentence involving a 15 year old ,even for vaginal sex, would be 1 or 2 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
His sentence definitely appears to be partially motivated by who he is, it's the only valid point he made in that video

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 years is very harsh imo
tbh I'm not sure even 13-15 years should warrant a lighter sentence. When I was that age, it would have been pretty easy for an adult to manipulate me into bed. Just because I'd have thought I wanted it at the time, wouldn't make it any less rapey.
Original post by MildredMalone
tbh I'm not sure even 13-15 years should warrant a lighter sentence. When I was that age, it would have been pretty easy for an adult to manipulate me into bed. Just because I'd have thought I wanted it at the time, wouldn't make it any less rapey.

Well at 15 you're potentially one day away from being able to give valid consent so that should be treated differently to someone who has sexual activity with a small child.

I think six years for kissing a 15 year old is harsh, especially when compared with other offenders

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending