Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You know when you get your GCSE results do they like break them down so you see marks for Coursework etc?

I kinda did crap in my Geography coursework and even though I had the chance to redo it I just couldn't be bothered to be honest and totally left out the analysis so I'll probably have got a really crap mark on it which I don't want parents to see :rolleyes:

(Original post by Johnt)
    You know when you get your GCSE results do they like break them down so you see marks for Coursework etc?

I kinda did crap in my Geography coursework and even though I had the chance to redo it I just couldn't be bothered to be honest and totally left out the analysis so I'll probably have got a really crap mark on it which I don't want parents to see :rolleyes:
    I think you just get the grades. Don't they tell you the c/w mark soon after you did it? I know all of mine except maths....not sure why they didn't tell me my maths one. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The teachers didn't really tell us all of the coursework grades, except for English. They said they didn't want us to be disappointed if the grades got put down when they were moderated.

ReputationRep:
    Just the grades, you don't see any marks. I don't think you ever see them, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Just the grades, you don't see any marks. I don't think you ever see them, actually.
    Yep, you don't find them out on the results slip. Just simple 'A','B','C', grades etc I'm pretty sure
    I'm sure if you really want to know you could ask your subject teacher what marks they gave you for the work though. I've been given the marks for most of the coursework I've done straight after the teacher has checked over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    The marks are not on the paper, but it doesnt mean u can 'never see them lolol, just go to your subject teacher after, and they will have a list of the marks u acheived on each paper, trust me , ALL teachers have this. I got my marks for every GCSE from my subject teachers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yep, you don't find them out on the results slip. Just simple 'A','B','C', grades etc I'm pretty sure
    I'm sure if you really want to know you could ask your subject teacher what marks they gave you for the work though. I've been given the marks for most of the coursework I've done straight after the teacher has checked over it.

In maths I gave one of my pieces of courseworks in in the beginning of October and um he still hadn't marked it by May! He only marked it in June, that's 9 months!

Evil GCSE results, although I have pain to take my mind off of it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    You just get the grades, so for example:

Mathematics A(a)
    Spanish F(f)

No marks are on the slip. I never found out any of my marks for my GCSEs and i don't really care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)

Mathematics A(a)
    Spanish F(f)

No marks are on the slip. I never found out any of my marks for my GCSEs and i don't really care!
    Am I being dense asking why they have the lower case letter too?

Also- won't we even find out our overall percent???

ReputationRep:
    I hope they give us our individual marks for each exam and piece of coursework. That is what I expect of the examiners at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarPlum)
    Am I being dense asking why they have the lower case letter too?

Nope.
    And I never knew, maybe in case some people can only read upper or lower case?! :confused: Very strange!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)

Mathematics A(a)
    Spanish F(f)

They just give you the grades? That's all they give you! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James H)
    I hope they give us our individual marks for each exam and piece of coursework. That is what I expect of the examiners at least
    Well they don't (haven't your teachers told you what you got for your coursework?)

(Original post by SugarPlum)
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesH)
    They just give you the grades? That's all they give you! :mad:
    You can ask your teachers if you're really that bothered, they have all the raw marks. I don't see why you'd be all that bothered though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    What else do you want? If it's anything monumental score wise, they might let you know, but other than that, I wouldn't even enquire it.
    My English teacher told me my marks - i got the exact mark needed for an A* (and i got low marks for Lit (B) )
    And my German teacher told me i got the highest German marks in my year
    I also know i was two marks off an A in Stats.

But i didn't ask for them, i was told, and tbh i didn't and don't care what i got.

ReputationRep:
    I just really want my results now!!!!!! Still got 6 days! (including today and Thursday!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnt)

I got my GCSE break downs but I had to ask for them at the beggining of the new term.

ReputationRep:
    The mark out of 100 was given for the OCR short-course R.E taken last year. But no marks for Edexcel Maths, simply the grade.

ReputationRep:
    When my sister recieved her GCSE results (all at once) she wasnt given any grades so I guess not.

Weirdly though, I did French GCSE a year early last year (OCR) and was given the mark (out of 50 i think) for each part (eg Listening, Reading, Oral etc) So maybe OCR does but that might have been because I only did one. Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    The only breakdown i was given was ocr religious studies shortcourse.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.