The Student Room Group

improving with gcse french listening

Well french exams are less than a month away and i havent done much listening.

I have been learning most of the vocab off the specification(edexcel) but I am struggling to find good practices for listening. I do listen to the radio from time to time but not very often anymore. Any efficient ways to revise? thanks.
Original post by mangekyoumusa
Well french exams are less than a month away and i havent done much listening.

I have been learning most of the vocab off the specification(edexcel) but I am struggling to find good practices for listening. I do listen to the radio from time to time but not very often anymore. Any efficient ways to revise? thanks.

I have been watching an old programme on youtube called French in Action. It really helps with listening to the different pronunciations of words. I have only been watching it for the past few days but it does seem quite good. You will watch it and think it's really weird and cringe but it is really useful (recommended by my dad, he used it for his and got an A cos there was no A* back in the day). It's a good 20 or so years old but might help you a bit. I'm aiming for an A. Good luck in the exam! :smile:
Original post by WillR123
I have been watching an old programme on youtube called French in Action. It really helps with listening to the different pronunciations of words. I have only been watching it for the past few days but it does seem quite good. You will watch it and think it's really weird and cringe but it is really useful (recommended by my dad, he used it for his and got an A cos there was no A* back in the day). It's a good 20 or so years old but might help you a bit. I'm aiming for an A. Good luck in the exam! :smile:

Thanks a lot :biggrin: Will try it

You too, Hope you get your A's

Quick Reply

Latest