The Student Room Group

People who moan on tsr about having no friends.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChickenMadness
ye but beggars can't be choosers. I think once you've reached the point where you're making threads you're begging it lel.

This is the savgae truth too funny
People complain about not having long term close friends. You can't just make long term close friends on tsr through PMs
Original post by queenofswords
People complain about not having long term close friends. You can't just make long term close friends on tsr through PMs

nah you can add each other on social media and play video games and all sorts though.

My longest closest friends I met through gaming lol. I used to be the leader of a competitive gaming clan once and met loads of people through that.

Also just to brag. At it's peak it was the best clan in Europe for the game we played, for about a year :cool: But ye I moved on from that, but I still have them all on facebook. And I have 3 really close friends that I talk to regularly still. One of them everyday. And he's sent me money when he's won poker touraments and stuff. And I've sent him money when he's lost all of his lmao.
Reply 23
foreal though someone made a thread saying they were actually crying every night cus no friends. And they didn't even message me :laugh:

Dude, a friend is about substance, not formality. A friend is there for you in certain times of need, to go out, to spend time together and so on (not just 'best friends').

Messaging someone on a student forum is not even close to creating a friendship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nah you can add each other on social media and play video games and all sorts though.

My longest closest friends I met through gaming lol. I used to be the leader of a competitive gaming clan once and met loads of people through that.

Also just to brag. At it's peak it was the best clan in Europe for the game we played, for about a year :cool: But ye I moved on from that, but I still have them all on facebook. And I have 3 really close friends that I talk to regularly still. One of them everyday. And he's sent me money when he's won poker touraments and stuff. And I've sent him money when he's lost all of his lmao.

That's quite impressive. :smile: And cool story bro (not sarcastically, that's actually a cool story bro)

But don't you need to have friends to have FB to begin with? I can't add people from TSR on FB because I don't have it (not popular enough only handful of real 'friends').
Original post by queenofswords
That's quite impressive. :smile: And cool story bro (not sarcastically, that's actually a cool story bro)

But don't you need to have friends to have FB to begin with? I can't add people from TSR on FB because I don't have it (not popular enough only handful of real 'friends':wink:.

lmao thanks.

ye I think you need to add 10 people when you first make an account. But then you can just delete em again afterwards lol. But you could add your family?

facebook is the only social media I have. I just think it's epic for keeping in touch with people. Like emails on steroids lol. Especially if your friends are spread out around the world.

Original post by _Fergo
Dude, a friend is about substance, not formality. A friend is there for you in certain times of need, to go out, to spend time together and so on (not just 'best friends':wink:.

Messaging someone on a student forum is not even close to creating a friendship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See my quote lol ^^^^

I mean those friendships started in a similar way. I saw them in game. we typed messages at each other haha.

Also I met one of my ex's off TSR. She was a mod and our relationship lasted around a year. We went to the same uni so we met up. That all started through PMs. And also because she thought my troll threads were funny :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mali473
When have I ever complained!? Maybe I enjoy being alone..so back off :tongue:

True, you being alone would make everyone alot safer :h:
Original post by Kraggor
True, you being alone would make everyone alot safer :h:

Says the guy who repeatedly kicked a 10 yr old in the stomach until they were on their knees, crying, begging you for mercy, yet you continued...and I'm the one people need to be safe from? Okay, makes sense:yep:
Btw my clan's name was GOBA. Gangsters of BA. lmao.
Original post by mali473
Says the guy who repeatedly kicked a 10 yr old in the stomach until they were on their knees, crying, begging you for mercy, yet you continued...and I'm the one people need to be safe from? Okay, makes sense:yep:

It was one time!!! Ugh such a meanie :frown:
Original post by Kraggor
It was one time!!! Ugh such a meanie :frown:

One too many times :h: Haha xD
(edited 6 years ago)

In the hope that we can get one lazy-ass user off their backsides and meet us face-to-face and be more than a friend behind the screen :wink:
Original post by Black Cat
That's funny why wouldn't they message you I would if I really wanted to make more friends there's no harm in it. I suppose they mainly want the attention that there missing in real-life hence why these threads pop up from time to time.

Ye I think it's probably attention and just to vent frustration. Cus usually after you have a massive cry or type out how you feel. You feel better lol. I guess a lot of them just type out all their problems and then they feel better and shut their PC off.

Original post by BrainyBengali

In the hope that we can get one lazy-ass user off their backsides and meet us face-to-face and be more than a friend behind the screen :wink:

that message wasn't directed at me was it? :laugh:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mali473
One time too many :h: Haha xD

You're lucky that you're a good friend. Otherwise you would feel my wrath...Grrrrr Rawrrrrr :3
:h:
Original post by Kraggor
You're lucky that you're a good friend. Otherwise you would feel my wrath...Grrrrr Rawrrrrr :3
:h:

Phew, I'm glad..........what wrath? Can't do nuthin'
That message wasn't directed at me was it? :laugh:

Ofc not bro :grin:
Well it'd be gr8 to meet the big man in the flesh :bumps:
Original post by BrainyBengali
Ofc not bro :grin:
Well it'd be gr8 to meet the big man in the flesh :bumps:

lmaooo.
lmao thanks.

ye I think you need to add 10 people when you first make an account. But then you can just delete em again afterwards lol. But you could add your family?

facebook is the only social media I have. I just think it's epic for keeping in touch with people. Like emails on steroids lol. Especially if your friends are spread out around the world.

My family hate me (ever since I came out as an Ex Muslim) :biggrin:

Yeah I think it would help me stay in touch , though instagram has more of an appeal IMO, FB is dying
It's hard to make friends on here.
its a bad idea to trust anybody here.

we're all snakes.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest