Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

odd marks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im over the moon with my results today because I got AAAB but in one of my psychology papers i got a D. In jan i screwed the paper up and got a B and i thought this on had gone great! did anyone else have any random results?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought I screwed PSY3, but got 100%!!!! What! I was thinking more like 70-odd%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    im over the moon with my results today because I got AAAB but in one of my psychology papers i got a D. In jan i screwed the paper up and got a B and i thought this on had gone great! did anyone else have any random results?

Which module at A/2 did you get the least marks on?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good luck in that !!!!

ReputationRep:

In remarking your grade can go down as well as up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if you expect to get high, maybe that paper was easy, so you might have been moderated down.

And of course, even the brightest of us make silly mistakes that we don't notice at the time

ReputationRep:
    I got: EAA in ICT and thought I nailed the paper than turned out an E , I will retake it and hopefully average an A after

I only attempted 21 marks worth of the 60 marks available for p3 but got
    53%...hmm weird, still missed an A by 2 tiny weeny marks

ReputationRep:
    I had loads of results i did not expect, some much higher and some much lower! In biology i thought i'd done badly on HH&D and ok on Transport and it turned out i got an A in HH&D but B in Transport. In English, i thought i'd done well in Unit 2 and crap in Unit 1 (again, B in U2 and A in U1!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    Which module at A/2 did you get the least marks on?
    it was erm PYA4 but the paper was really easy and we even went over it with my teacher and everything i wrote seemed right so i got AAAABD

ReputationRep:
    My attendance for physics was lower than 40% and I stlil got an A in AS physics and a B in A2.

I got a U in the last economics module, though I had AAAAA for the others, it averaged to a B, that was very distressing, and I don't know how it happened.

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting it remarked? Sounds decidedly dodgy to me.

ReputationRep:
    Got 50/90 in my unit 1 German (Edexcel) paper, which I wasn't expecting... dragged my overall mark down to a B from an A. :mad:

Also, my Economics unit 3 (Edexcel) was lower than I had anticipated, but I did have a blank during that exam so I think I just screwed it up more than I thought. Got 87/90 and 90/90 in the other 2 units though so I ended up with a comfortable A, fortunately! Still, I might retake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shift3)
    Almost all my results were random:

Math
    P1: 90 (100)
    P2: 84 (68)
    P3: 74 (85)
    M1: 61 (88)
    M2: 68 (95)
    M3: 48 (90)

Physics
    PHY1: 68/90 (85)
    PHY2: 68/90 (78)
    PHY3: 81/120 (105)

Biology
    B1: 60 (90)
    B2b: 63 (95)
    B3: 64 (80)

The numbers between brackets are what I expected to get.

I hope the remarking sorts everything out.
    This is proof that you cannot predict your marks.

How on earth can you predict 100% for yourself? Do you view yourself as perfection personified? There is more to life than getting 100% in a module.

Some of my results were quite random, but maybe you should just do what I've done and accept them instead of kicking up a stink because you "don't like" the marks you've been given. My General Studies A2 dropped from an A to a B due to a C on one of the modules, but hey, that's life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Yeah, I thought I screwed PSY3, but got 100%!!!! What! I was thinking more like 70-odd%.
    Ditto. Got 96 when I thought I'd got a D, so I was pretty chuffed. Maybe they sympathised with how exhausted we all were by the end of the paper! Lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.