Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Grades aren't everything.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Hi Liam, how'd you do?

I'm great thanks, but I am a bit bored, so I thought I would pay UKL another visit and have a laugh with the members. :cool:

How's you?

(Original post by blissy)
    LOL. When I was in my first year at secondary school someone said "imagine there's a rabbit on your lap. Stab it seven times" I didn't even understand why it made people laugh. I like to think of it as innocence, not ignorance
    LOL! Awwww, maybe that's why I had to go to an all boys school, to prevent me from conducting such perverted and cruel antics, you poor girl. Innocence is ignorance, hey that's quite good, let's put it into practise...*hands innocent baby an advanced maths A-level paper* Hmmmm, well they did better than I could have, theory dismissed.

Another good one, "Did you know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary?" That's when they look suprised go say, "really?!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    well in some places where ive worked the employers value youth and "upto dateness" more so than experience, some feel that older more experienced people are less efficiant, i wish it wernt true as i know so many older people who are so willing to work, if not only to occupy their time, but they are given the lesser chance because to employ younger people is cheaper for 1 and you can train them to your liking as u would a puppy

Well it depends where you work i guess, like if it was club 18-30 you'd not want experience so much as youth and enthusiam, but in a professional job surely you'd want experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I'm great thanks, but I am a bit bored, so I thought I would pay UKL another visit and have a laugh with the members. :cool:

How's you?

I'm ok, waiting for my uni to get back to me tomorrow to find out whether i've got in or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    Well it depends where you work i guess, like if it was club 18-30 you'd not want experience so much as youth and enthusiam, but in a professional job surely you'd want experience?
    the older 1s are the worst :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    see-through black bra. MY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

I'm ok, waiting for my uni to get back to me tomorrow to find out whether i've got in or not.
    oooh cool. What grades did you get? I got into my University. yay. Best of luck, tho

ReputationRep:
    oooh cool. What grades did you get? I got into my University. yay. Best of luck, tho
    I got a B in bio and a C in chem. So i've dropped a grade. Well done! Wales here you come!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    see-through black bra. MY!
    wha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I got a B in bio and a C in chem. So i've dropped a grade. Well done! Wales here you come!

Thanks

And they are gonna know when i've arrived , gonna miss London tho

ReputationRep:
    And they are gonna know when i've arrived , gonna miss London tho

I won't if i get into Southampton!

I can't wait to get out of here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

I won't if i get into Southampton!

I can't wait to get out of here!

Well sometimes I can't wait to go, but in Wales they dont seem to have any good clothes shops unless I like next and I don't. But I am excited tho

ReputationRep:
    Well sometimes I can't wait to go, but in Wales they dont seem to have any good clothes shops unless I like next and I don't. But I am excited tho
    I'm not surprised. Have a fantastic time!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.