The Student Room Group

Tips on 'how to make time go by faster'

I'm sure many of you are eagerly awaiting summer - time off your studies and exams are finally out the way, not as many early rises for some of us, fun days out, maybe even a fancy holiday abroad but maybe you're like me and feel like it'll just never get here :tongue:

Since none of us (well, at least that I know of :teehee: ) have a time machine and we can't just make it summer right now and its all about our perception of time that makes it feel like its flying by or dragging in, what are your tips for making 'time go in faster?'

Mine would be -
*Stop counting down the days. Many of us will have little countdown apps on our phones for special upcoming events and while its nice to remind ourselves that we are slowly getting closer to what we are excited about, checking it every single day makes it feel all the more slower. Check every few days or every week instead :yep:

*Give yourself something to look forward to every day or every few days between now and what you are looking forward to, to break the time down a bit more and so you have something else to focus on other than the time off uni, the holiday abroad etc. Can be something small such as caving in and having that cheeky donut you've been craving for days or have a day out with some friends :smile:

*Get into a new TV show or game. Its amazing how much time flies when you get into a new game especially. Start playing it now and before you it, it'll be 2018 and you'll have missed what you were looking forward to :tongue: :teehee:

*Post on TSR...before you know it you'll be at 20,000+ posts :colondollar:

So what have you got coming up in the summer or even later in the year that you are looking most forward to? :h:
Original post by Spock's Socks

not even at 10k yet :colonhash:

you could always cryo freeze yourself to really pass the time :rofl:

I mean yall could also actually start revising and study a bit too...

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Mine would be -
*Stop counting down the days.

*Give yourself something to look forward to every day or every few days

*Get into a new TV show or game.

*Post on TSR

Tbh, I just try to find a hobby or 'rpject' to work on to keep me occupied to take my mind off it so by the time the event comes by, it's like another suprise :lol:
Also, long time no quote! Hope you've been well :hugs:
Original post by ForestShadow
x

:lol:

@Spock's Socks I'm going to try and use your tips in reverse in a hope to make sure exams stay as far away as possible so I will:
- Count down the days everyday (easy peasy lemon squeezy:h:)
- Not give myself many things to look forward to (don't do that too much so that's fine :tongue:)
- Not get into a new TV show or game (don't do that anyway :woohoo:)
- ...Not post on TSR :erm: That's going to be the tricky one :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm sure many of you are eagerly awaiting summer - time off your studies and exams are finally out the way, not as many early rises for some of us, fun days out, maybe even a fancy holiday abroad but maybe you're like me and feel like it'll just never get here :tongue:

Since none of us (well, at least that I know of :teehee: ) have a time machine and we can't just make it summer right now and its all about our perception of time that makes it feel like its flying by or dragging in, what are your tips for making 'time go in faster?'

Mine would be -
*Stop counting down the days. Many of us will have little countdown apps on our phones for special upcoming events and while its nice to remind ourselves that we are slowly getting closer to what we are excited about, checking it every single day makes it feel all the more slower. Check every few days or every week instead :yep:

*Give yourself something to look forward to every day or every few days between now and what you are looking forward to, to break the time down a bit more and so you have something else to focus on other than the time off uni, the holiday abroad etc. Can be something small such as caving in and having that cheeky donut you've been craving for days or have a day out with some friends :smile:

*Get into a new TV show or game. Its amazing how much time flies when you get into a new game especially. Start playing it now and before you it, it'll be 2018 and you'll have missed what you were looking forward to :tongue: :teehee:

So what have you got coming up in the summer or even later in the year that you are looking most forward to? :h:

I don't check my wedding countdown everyday but that weirdly feels like it's helping make time pass, considering i generally only change it at weekends:P (anything i m looking forward to is wedding related or holidays off work:P) Although I agree with planning little things, i plan something little for each weekend whether that's what i ll bake or whichever film we're going to watch.

Quick Reply

Latest