Postpone or resit? I'm going to fail my exams

Watch
username2835262
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Due to mental health issues, I haven't studied for my A Levels in the past two months. I am almost certain that I'm not going to meet my university offers (minimum AAA), which leaves me with two choices.

1. Sit exams this year and resit next year.
2. Postpone exams until next year and sit them then for the first time.

The second option seems like it would be the best, considering that I wouldn't have failed previously and wouldn't be resitting. Though, I have applied to quite top universities and hence postponing the exams an extra year might not be allowed, regardless of my MH issues and being hospitalised etc.

Any advice? I would prefer to do the second option if I am honest.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by W. A. Mozart)
Due to mental health issues, I haven't studied for my A Levels in the past two months. I am almost certain that I'm not going to meet my university offers (minimum AAA), which leaves me with two choices.

1. Sit exams this year and resit next year.
2. Postpone exams until next year and sit them then for the first time.

The second option seems like it would be the best, considering that I wouldn't have failed previously and wouldn't be resitting. Though, I have applied to quite top universities and hence postponing the exams an extra year might not be allowed, regardless of my MH issues and being hospitalised etc.

Any advice? I would prefer to do the second option if I am honest.
Contact the universities you are interested in, explain about your hospitalisation and ask which option they would recommend, that way you are making an informed decision
username2835262
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I should probably mention that I don't feel like I am in the right state of mind to revise at the moment, though I could probably force myself to do some if I had to.

I'm not sure how good this would be for my mental health, though.
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by W. A. Mozart)
I should probably mention that I don't feel like I am in the right state of mind to revise at the moment, though I could probably force myself to do some if I had to.

I'm not sure how good this would be for my mental health, though.
Talk to your GP , parents and teachers. Your choice and if you arent ready then you arent ready. Id be thinking about postponing and get myself sorted out in the other year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (41)
18.47%
No one else does (73)
32.88%
I'm embarrassed about my background (22)
9.91%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (74)
33.33%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.35%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.8%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads