The Student Room Group

Postpone or resit? I'm going to fail my exams

Due to mental health issues, I haven't studied for my A Levels in the past two months. I am almost certain that I'm not going to meet my university offers (minimum AAA), which leaves me with two choices.

1. Sit exams this year and resit next year.
2. Postpone exams until next year and sit them then for the first time.

The second option seems like it would be the best, considering that I wouldn't have failed previously and wouldn't be resitting. Though, I have applied to quite top universities and hence postponing the exams an extra year might not be allowed, regardless of my MH issues and being hospitalised etc.

Any advice? I would prefer to do the second option if I am honest.
Original post by W. A. Mozart
Due to mental health issues, I haven't studied for my A Levels in the past two months. I am almost certain that I'm not going to meet my university offers (minimum AAA), which leaves me with two choices.

1. Sit exams this year and resit next year.
2. Postpone exams until next year and sit them then for the first time.

The second option seems like it would be the best, considering that I wouldn't have failed previously and wouldn't be resitting. Though, I have applied to quite top universities and hence postponing the exams an extra year might not be allowed, regardless of my MH issues and being hospitalised etc.

Any advice? I would prefer to do the second option if I am honest.

Contact the universities you are interested in, explain about your hospitalisation and ask which option they would recommend, that way you are making an informed decision
I should probably mention that I don't feel like I am in the right state of mind to revise at the moment, though I could probably force myself to do some if I had to.

I'm not sure how good this would be for my mental health, though.
Original post by W. A. Mozart
I should probably mention that I don't feel like I am in the right state of mind to revise at the moment, though I could probably force myself to do some if I had to.

I'm not sure how good this would be for my mental health, though.

Talk to your GP , parents and teachers. Your choice and if you arent ready then you arent ready. Id be thinking about postponing and get myself sorted out in the other year.

Quick Reply

Latest