The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

University enquiry

Hello there,
I'm a student studying Bachelor's of nutrition in India and I'm looking forward to study in the UK, Preston, at University of Lancashire.
I want to know how well this course is recognised there or if I have to consider another university with the same course instead of University of Lancashire
Original post by Noazim
Hello there,
I'm a student studying Bachelor's of nutrition in India and I'm looking forward to study in the UK, Preston, at University of Lancashire.
I want to know how well this course is recognised there or if I have to consider another university with the same course instead of University of Lancashire

what course is it you plan to study?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
what course is it you plan to study?

Msc in nutrition and food science
Check the online postgraduate prospectuses of the unis that do the course, and analyse the course content, course structure, compulsory and selective modules/units, the qualifications/experience/publications of the lecturers, and go into a uni ranking site to look up specifically the feedback RE: quality of teaching + job search success rates + other features of each uni/course.

M (MSc Pharmacol MSc CS)
Moved to UCLAN (not study help)
Reply 5
Original post by macpatelgh
Check the online postgraduate prospectuses of the unis that do the course, and analyse the course content, course structure, compulsory and selective modules/units, the qualifications/experience/publications of the lecturers, and go into a uni ranking site to look up specifically the feedback RE: quality of teaching + job search success rates + other features of each uni/course.

M (MSc Pharmacol MSc CS)

Thank you so much!this is very helpful
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
Moved to UCLAN (not study help)

So how do you find it there?
I will be considering UCLAN mostly
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Noazim
So how do you find it there?
I will be considering UCLAN mostly

Hi, I'm just finishing my third and final year at UCLan and I've had a great time! I think you'll enjoy yourself here, there's loads to do and you'll be able to meet people in your position who have travelled internationally.

It's not a huge university as in the campus isn't very big but there are around 30,000 students so there's a great student atmosphere. Everything is very close together so you'll be able to walk from your accommodation to your lectures, the pub, the shops - everywhere takes less than 20 mins to get to.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll get back to you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by mollycronshaw
Hi, I'm just finishing my third and final year at UCLan and I've had a great time! I think you'll enjoy yourself here, there's loads to do and you'll be able to meet people in your position who have travelled internationally.

It's not a huge university as in the campus isn't very big but there are around 30,000 students so there's a great student atmosphere. Everything is very close together so you'll be able to walk from your accommodation to your lectures, the pub, the shops - everywhere takes less than 20 mins to get to.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions and I'll get back to you :smile:

hey that sounds great!
What about cost of living in Preston when compared to London?
Original post by Noazim
hey that sounds great!
What about cost of living in Preston when compared to London?

Don't go to Uni, but was born there, it's a relatively low cost area for most things I think.
Reply 10
Original post by loooopppyyy
Don't go to Uni, but was born there, it's a relatively low cost area for most things I think.

And what about part time job? Do they pay well for students?
Original post by Noazim
And what about part time job? Do they pay well for students?

I have a part time job as a student ambassador which has been great the past three years. It's a zero hour contract and shifts are given on a first come first serve basis which is great if you're overloaded with uni work - you don't have to work if you don't want to! It's also an exciting job because every shift is different. I work on open days, school visits, residentials and deliver campus tours :smile: and the pay is pretty good! You can ask about this job when you arrive or you might get an email about it.

If that's not your thing you could consider bar work or working in a restaurant? That's quite popular for students but the only problem is the later hours. You could also try and find a job in retail as there are loads of shops in town.
Reply 12
Original post by mollycronshaw
I have a part time job as a student ambassador which has been great the past three years. It's a zero hour contract and shifts are given on a first come first serve basis which is great if you're overloaded with uni work - you don't have to work if you don't want to! It's also an exciting job because every shift is different. I work on open days, school visits, residentials and deliver campus tours :smile: and the pay is pretty good! You can ask about this job when you arrive or you might get an email about it.

If that's not your thing you could consider bar work or working in a restaurant? That's quite popular for students but the only problem is the later hours. You could also try and find a job in retail as there are loads of shops in town.

Hey I think I will consider student ambassador. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply