May 16th Biology (B1,B2,B3) Exam 21st Century OCR

Watch this thread
SophieJessica
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for what will come up in this exam?!
swaglevelshigh
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
6 Marker Predictions
B1 - Genetic Testing
B2 - Homeostasis
B3 - Carbon Cycle or Environmentaal indicators
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's the last year of the this spec so it could be anything really. Here's what I'm hoping for:
B1 - Genetic Testing
B2 - Heart Disease
B3 - Environmental Indicators or Natural Selection and Selective Breeding
username1986099
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
B1 - stem cells
B2 - Antibiotic resistance
B3 - comparing Darwin and Lamarck (eg why they reached different conclusions and what both theories were)

Posted from TSR Mobile
swaglevelshigh
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by danielwinstanley)
B1 - stem cells
B3 - comparing Darwin and Lamarck (eg why they reached different conclusions and what both theories were)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I highly doubt Antibiotic resistance will come up as it was the 6 marker last year but B1 and B3 would be very likely to be ones
username1986099
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by swaglevelshigh)
I highly doubt Antibiotic resistance will come up as it was the 6 marker last year but B1 and B3 would be very likely to be ones
We haven't done the 2016 papers so probably not if it came up last year. We'll probably get something on homeostasis for B2 then. Or, heart disease

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1986099
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I could also see us getting some stuff about comparing Natural Selection and Selective Breeding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Idk but Im confident I will ace it since I got a High A in my Mocks. Could've gotten an A* if I did a stupid Graph reading question right.
swaglevelshigh
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
does anyone have any predictions for the C1,C2,C3 exam?
I have no clue whats gonna come up for C1 & C2 however i am confident that solution mining or electrolysis will be the 6 marker for C3
SophieJessica
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I predicted cloning for B1 as I don't think it has ever come up

6 Marker Predictions
B1 - Genetic Testing
B2 - Homeostasis
username2805430
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
6 Marker Predictions
B1 - Genetic Testing
B2 - Homeostasis
what could they ask about cloning, homeostasis and stem cells?
username2805430
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by danielwinstanley)
B1 - stem cells

Posted from TSR Mobile
what could you say about comparing darwin and lamarck bc the only thing i can think of is that darwin's theory fit with the advances in the understanding of genetics while there was no mechanism of acquiring characteristics like lamarck suggested??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.47%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.9%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.42%

Watched Threads