The Student Room Group

why do females lead on every boy they talk to?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
A bit of a ramble here,

I used to secretly get angry with girls and their fake flirting, I would approach them sometimes, they would flirt with me, but then make a plethora of excuses not to exchange numbers or anything.

but then sometimes when I would get approached by girls, If I didn't like them I didn't find myself being rude to them, If I didn't like them I often found myself fake flirting them out of politeness ...so I guess I have a bit of sympathy for girls like that now.

still though I have no sympathy for girls who take guys numbers, even go out on a date ..etc .....but not let the guy know where he stands and shy away from his romantic advances ...and basically just try and hold him as a "back-up" option until they decide they don't like him or fail to get anyone better. I had a couple of girls do that. If you're not into the guy then just tell him, don't try and hold man on the sub bench identinately...

This one girl, The first time we met up I actually left in a annoyed mood without saying anything to her cause she was letting all the other guys there cuddle her up and flirt with her but she was supposed to be there with me. Back then I was a bit of a cuck so instead of just nexting her I sent her another message, she replied apologising profusely for her behavior and and more or less pleaded for another chance, like a cuck I forgave her and we out again, we got on well, I tried to kiss her at the end of the date. She's not going for it. I try and again, and she says "don't make it awkward" and folds her arms, so I stop trying. it's time to go now and I ask her if she'd like to go out again and she says "yes" rather enthusiastically. We start texting back and forth, this girl was always going out to nightclubs too ... like 2 or 3 times a week, ... god knows what she was probably getting upto with guys there cause she certainly wasn't doing anything with me ....anyways after some more texting a few days later I ask her if she wants to go out again and I get radio silence. I had seen this pattern before with girls. I just got really angry ...and ended up saying something rude to her in a text [nothing OTT or unforgiveable, but it was rude] .....and I never contacted her again.

then 3 weeks later I bump into her in a club with other mutual people and we ignore each other, and her best friend is now giving me evils [it's obvious she's been talking **** about me to her] ..., and then eventually as the night progresses she stops ignoring me and looks like perhaps she wants to talk perhaps by her body language ...but I start dancing with another girl and then she gets jealous and comes over and stands right there with her arms crossed, but at this point I am done with her games and pretty much ignore her as I am not interested. That girl was like a tap, hot and cold, hot and cold. It was obvious she wasn't into me, why play all these games then and waste both our time......

annoying AF, when girls play games like this. I have a low tolerance for it nowadays, and no longer will I play the cuck. I don't care if we're not an item or anything yet if I catch wind of her trying to play the field I am off. and I'm glad to say i've stuck to that when it's happened.....

Completely agree with you bro. :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: like this has happened to me too and you just think of changing yourself to suit other people but the problem is not you, it's the other person.
If we do, then we don't try we just don't know and sometimes some of us are just really nice, and your friend
Original post by Anonymous
they will be fully flirting back or allowing us to flirt without a problem then hit us with the 'i have a man' why take another guys number in the first place then
Original post by EC
I forgot you're no longer stickman

I always was, am and will be Stickman.
Original post by ANM775
A bit of a ramble here,

I used to secretly get angry with girls and their fake flirting, I would approach them sometimes, they would flirt with me, but then make a plethora of excuses not to exchange numbers or anything.

but then sometimes when I would get approached by girls, If I didn't like them I didn't find myself being rude to them, If I didn't like them I often found myself fake flirting them out of politeness ...so I guess I have a bit of sympathy for girls like that now.

still though I have no sympathy for girls who take guys numbers, even go out on a date ..etc .....but not let the guy know where he stands and shy away from his romantic advances ...and basically just try and hold him as a "back-up" option until they decide they don't like him or fail to get anyone better. I had a couple of girls do that. If you're not into the guy then just tell him, don't try and hold man on the sub bench identinately...

This one girl, The first time we met up I actually left in a annoyed mood without saying anything to her cause she was letting all the other guys there cuddle her up and flirt with her but she was supposed to be there with me. Back then I was a bit of a cuck so instead of just nexting her I sent her another message, she replied apologising profusely for her behavior and and more or less pleaded for another chance, like a cuck I forgave her and we went out again, we got on well, I tried to kiss her at the end of the date. She's not going for it. I try and again, and she says "don't make it awkward" and folds her arms, so I stop trying. it's time to go now and I ask her if she'd like to go out again and she says "yes" rather enthusiastically. We start texting back and forth, this girl was always going out to nightclubs too ... like 2 or 3 times a week, ... god knows what she was probably getting upto with guys there cause she certainly wasn't doing anything with me ....anyways after some more texting a few days later I ask her if she wants to go out again and I get radio silence. I had seen this pattern before with girls. I just got really angry ...and ended up saying something rude to her in a text [nothing OTT or unforgiveable, but it was rude] .....and I never contacted her again.

then 3 weeks later I bump into her in a club with other mutual people and we ignore each other, and her best friend is now giving me evils [it's obvious she's been talking **** about me to her] ..., and then eventually as the night progresses she stops ignoring me and looks like perhaps she wants to talk perhaps by her body language ...but I start dancing with another girl and then she gets jealous and comes over and stands right there with her arms crossed, but at this point I am done with her games and pretty much ignore her as I am not interested. That girl was like a tap, hot and cold, hot and cold. It was obvious she wasn't into me, why play all these games then and waste both our time......

annoying AF, when girls play games like this. I have a low tolerance for it nowadays, and no longer will I play the cuck. I don't care if we're not an item or anything yet if I catch wind of her trying to play the field I am off. and I'm glad to say i've stuck to that when it's happened.....

That's your fault though. You need to know how to judge a person's character better.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
they will be fully flirting back or allowing us to flirt without a problem then hit us with the 'i have a man' why take another guys number in the first place then

Either stop playing the game or git gud.

But really, don't assume anything unless she tells you otherwise. It's not that difficult.
Original post by babyshawte
That's your fault though. You need to know how to judge a person's caracter better.

Well you live and learn don't you.

These days something like that wouldn't happen again as I have better judgement due to the times i've been lead up the garden path before.
Nice generalisation. Anyway I have had guys do this to me too, it definitely isn't just girls who lead people on.
Original post by ANM775
Well you live and learn don't you.

These days something like that wouldn't happen again as I have better judgement due to the times i've been lead up the garden path before.

Thats good, as long as you've learnt and grown from the situation. No one can fool you again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending