OCR AS Classiscs: Ancient History HELP!

Watch
dannimollyw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
HELP ME

I'm doing the *Option 3:Politics and Society of Ancient Sparta module in the OCR AS Classiscs: Ancient History paper* and I need some serious help!!!

Section A questions on structure:
Which of the three parts of the question need an introduction or conclusion?
How many paragraphs should be in each part of the question?
How many other sources should I include?
Do I need to memorise sources?

Section B questions on structure:
How many paragraphs/points should I make?
Do I need to remember quotes?
How many sources should I reference?

Content questions:
Is there a good place to find revision resources? analysis of sources or something
Any good places to find model answers?

PLEASE HELP ME
jazzybee153
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
In section A, part a) does not require an introduction or conclusion you literally just need to interpret the passage. The other 2 parts I would say require both introductions and conclusions.
Paragraphs vary, for part a) I would lump it all into one paragraph, unless they give you 2 passages in which case I would write 2 paragraphs.
For parts b) and c) again it'd vary but I would make 4 points/paragraphs in both, as well as an introduction and conclusion. Part c) will also require more analysis.

For parts b) and c) literally include every single source you can remember (ideally at least 3 or 4, but the more the better!)

Yes you most definitely need to remember sources (and if you can the reference points as well. For example: Plutarch states in 'Life of Lycurgus' section 9 that...

As for the content questions, I've really struggled to find anything to cater for this, I would just say know each topic really well.

Also having looked everywhere for resources the best online I've found are mostly here: https://getrevising.co.uk/resources?...c%5B%5D=Sparta
dannimollyw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by jazzybee153)
Hi,
In section A, part a) does not require an introduction or conclusion you literally just need to interpret the passage. The other 2 parts I would say require both introductions and conclusions.
Paragraphs vary, for part a) I would lump it all into one paragraph, unless they give you 2 passages in which case I would write 2 paragraphs.
For parts b) and c) again it'd vary but I would make 4 points/paragraphs in both, as well as an introduction and conclusion. Part c) will also require more analysis.

For parts b) and c) literally include every single source you can remember (ideally at least 3 or 4, but the more the better!)

Yes you most definitely need to remember sources (and if you can the reference points as well. For example: Plutarch states in 'Life of Lycurgus' section 9 that...

As for the content questions, I've really struggled to find anything to cater for this, I would just say know each topic really well.

Also having looked everywhere for resources the best online I've found are mostly here: https://getrevising.co.uk/resources?...c%5B%5D=Sparta
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! This has seriously helped with my revision - feeling a little more confident now!!!
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dannimollyw)
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! This has seriously helped with my revision - feeling a little more confident now!!!
Have you got this exam tomorrow? I have and I don't feel very ready for it even though I've revised quite a lot..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads