The Student Room Group

Going to confess to a guy

I'm planning on telling a guy I like him. :colondollar: Yeah I could wait till he makes a move but I want to make him feel special. Most guys probably won't have had that attention from a girl so I want him to have it. xx :ahee: Wish me luck guys.

Scroll to see replies

Good luck! Tell us if you get him! :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Sinsonte
Good luck! Tell us if you get him! :wink:

Will do :wink:
GOOOOD LUCKKKK :tongue:
Said no girl ever
Original post by Anonymous
I'm planning on telling a guy I like him. :colondollar: Yeah I could wait till he makes a move but I want to make him feel special. Most guys probably won't have had that attention from a girl so I want him to have it. xx :ahee: Wish me luck guys.

Do you know the guy? As in do you speak to him a lot?
he'll think is a prank
Reply 7
Original post by tasha_tah
GOOOOD LUCKKKK :tongue:

Original post by WoodesRogers
Said no girl ever

Said meeee :biggrin:
Original post by ALYAMAANI
Do you know the guy? As in do you speak to him a lot?

Yeah I know him and we are quite close
Original post by Jésus5ever
he'll think is a prank

I don't think he will. I've been flirting with him a bit so he'll know it was coming :biggrin:
Best of luck! I believe in you :biggrin:
My advice is: don't. I did when I was sixteen, I was rejected and it took me two years to get over it. No one at the time told me I shouldn't, I wish now that someone had.
Original post by sherlockfan
My advice is: don't. I did when I was sixteen, I was rejected and it took me two years to get over it. No one at the time told me I shouldn't, I wish now that someone had.

Really :frown: :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: that's bad. I don't mind putting myself in that position though. I get over it quickly. :smile:
Really :frown: :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: that's bad. I don't mind putting myself in that position though. I get over it quickly. :smile:

I'm only saying this because i wish someone at the time had given me the same advice. When you really like someone you tend to think that they are perfect, but let me spare you the suspense: this guy is not worth it. One of two things could happen. He could reject you outright or worse he could break your heart once you've been going out for a while and you've gotten to know him.
Good luck whatever you do.
(edited 6 years ago)
Or if you really like each other then let him confess to you. Otherwise you are really putting too much power in his hands and the last thing men need is an ego boost.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm only saying this because i wish someone at the time had given me the same advice. When you really like someone you tend to think that they are perfect, but let me spare you the suspense: this guy is not worth it. One of two things could happen. He could reject you outright or worse he could break your heart once you've been going out for a while and you've gotten to know him.

You don't know her guy, so how can you say that. That's generalising. :erm:

Surely with that attitude, nobody would ever go out with anyone?
You don't know her guy, so how can you say that. That's generalising. :erm:

Its true of most guys, im just giving her the benefit of my experience.
Original post by Jack22031994
Surely with that attitude, nobody would ever go out with anyone?

And the world would be a more peaceful place for it.
And the world would be a more peaceful place for it.

There are a lot things that would make the world more peaceful - I dont think thats one.

Its better to go through heartache than avoid it as she would potentially missing out on somethng great.

One of my friends from uni a few years ago was worried, didnt want to tell th girl he liked her for this reason. I told him to suck it up and tell her, and now they are married :smile:
Or if you really like each other then let him confess to you. Otherwise you are really putting too much power in his hands and the last thing men need is an ego boost.

Which is in turn placing all the power in OP's hands, but that's fine because it's a woman, right? Don;t let your experiences turn you bitter. Love takes practice. One day you will get it right and be happier than you've ever been :smile:

Wow. Cos all men are the same right? How on earth is telling a boy you like him giving him power? What a twisted,warped ideology. Why can't she?
Perhaps he's shy, unsure? The worst that can happen is he says no.
And by your thinking, is he says yes, she will suddenly find herself verbally and physically abused, chained barefoot and pregnant to a kitchen?
If one were to treat men with that attitude I'm pretty sure they'd end up very lonely and bitter indeed
Give it a go girl!!

Quick Reply

Latest