The Student Room Group

Going to confess to a guy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockfan
Or if you really like each other then let him confess to you. Otherwise you are really putting too much power in his hands and the last thing men need is an ego boost.

Ok you had a bad experience. You say confess like the dude has committed a crime. And why should't she ask him out? no one thinks of it as a loss of power or "ego boost" when men have to ask the girl out.
Original post by dylan_kadiwar
Ok you had a bad experience. You say confess like the dude has committed a crime. And why should't she ask him out? no one thinks of it as a loss of power or "ego boost" when men have to ask the girl out.

Its the op who used the term confess in the first place not me.
Because it would be playing straight into his hands and men have much more power to hurt women's feelings than the other way round.
Original post by Sammylou40
Wow. Cos all men are the same right? How on earth is telling a boy you like him giving him power? What a twisted,warped ideology. Why can't she?
Perhaps he's shy, unsure? The worst that can happen is he says no.
And by your thinking, is he says yes, she will suddenly find herself verbally and physically abused, chained barefoot and pregnant to a kitchen?
If one were to treat men with that attitude I'm pretty sure they'd end up very lonely and bitter indeed
Give it a go girl!!

Guys face rejection all the time, but you will never get anywhere without taking chances. Shy kids get no sweets.
Original post by Sammylou40
Wow. Cos all men are the same right? How on earth is telling a boy you like him giving him power? What a twisted,warped ideology. Why can't she?
Perhaps he's shy, unsure? The worst that can happen is he says no.
And by your thinking, is he says yes, she will suddenly find herself verbally and physically abused, chained barefoot and pregnant to a kitchen?
If one were to treat men with that attitude I'm pretty sure they'd end up very lonely and bitter indeed
Give it a go girl!!

Because it is. she might as well tell him 'here are my feelings, do what you want with them'
/
Original post by waldington
Guys face rejection all the time, but you will never get anywhere without taking chances. Shy kids get no sweets.

Exactly. She should try
Because it is. she might as well tell him 'here are my feelings, do what you want with them'
/

And that happens in any relationship anyway.
Why should a man always do the asking? How are their feelings any different? There are some real :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:y girls out there but that's obviously ok
/

How is that any different to a guy asking a girl out? We have feelings too you know
How is that any different to a guy asking a girl out? We have feelings too you know

Ah. You haven't read any of her other posts then?
Don't disagree. Unless you're fond of verbal assault
Original post by Jack22031994
There are a lot things that would make the world more peaceful - I dont think thats one.

Its better to go through heartache than avoid it as she would potentially missing out on somethng great.

One of my friends from uni a few years ago was worried, didnt want to tell th girl he liked her for this reason. I told him to suck it up and tell her, and now they are married :smile:

as someone who has experienced heartbreak i fundamentally disagree with that. Youre all very young and inexperienced, but your outlook will change when you're forty and divorced, and you'll realise it was all a waste of time.
as someone who has experienced heartbreak i fundamentally disagree with that. Youre all very young and inexperienced, but your outlook will change when you're forty and divorced, and you'll realise it was all a waste of time.

So you're going to demonise men and discourage other people's chances of happiness just because your marriage didn't work out? That sounds pretty selfish if you ask me.

So have I?

My parents are happily married after 26 years / my uncle and auntie have been married 40 years happily too.
/

1. How is it any different from what guys do? Do you think it's that much easier for a guy to confess to a girl?

2. If you confess to a guy and he says he doesn't want to date you, would that make him an a**hole? Even if you're the best person in the whole frickin' world, isn't it his choice to say no, and is there even something wrong with him saying no?

3. How do men have more power to hurt a woman than the other way around? Are you implying that women are weaker than men?

I just don't get this, it's a very gendered view, and wrongly so. Guys can be just as nervous to take the initiative, and if they do and get rejected, it's fine, but if the girl gets rejected, he's an a**hole. How is that okay? Also- I'm a girl.

To the OP- go ahead and try. And remember- if he turns you down, it's his choice and you shouldn't hate him for it (although, admittedly, it could make things awkward). But you can't know without trying, so best of luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
So you're going to demonise men and discourage other people's chances of happiness just because your marriage didn't work out? That sounds pretty selfish if you ask me.

Yes. That's about right.

And that's not true of everyone. Btw. You're nowhere near 40 if your other posts are true.
Everyone has their heart broken at some point. That's life.
And not everyone Is divorced by 40 either. Some of us are pushing 30 years quite happily thank you.
But to do that I've generally treated human beings with respect, not demonised them or become so bitter I've pushed everyone away
Original post by dylan_kadiwar

Its the op who used the term confess in the first place not me.
Because it would be playing straight into his hands and men have much more power to hurt women's feelings than the other way round.

/

Original post by Jack22031994
So have I?

My parents are happily married after 26 years / my uncle and auntie have been married 40 years happily too.

Original post by InternationalXX
1. How is it any different from what guys do? Do you think it's that much easier for a guy to confess to a girl?

2. If you confess to a guy and he says he doesn't want to date you, would that make him an a**hole? Even if you're the best person in the whole frickin' world, isn't it his choice to say no, and is there even something wrong with him saying no?

3. How do men have more power to hurt a woman than the other way around? Are you implying that women are weaker than men?

I just don't get this, it's a very gendered view, and wrongly so. Guys can be just as nervous to take the initiative, and if they do and get rejected, it's fine, but if the girl gets rejected, he's an a**hole. How is that okay? Also- I'm a girl.

To the OP- go ahead and try. And remember- if he turns you down, it's his choice and you shouldn't hate him for it (although, admittedly, it could make things awkward). But you can't know without trying, so best of luck!

Omds guys :cry: It did not go well at all. I think I shouldn't have said it he can easily play with me now. He said he'll do a casual relationship. (Sex) But he doesn't want a real relationship. :sad: I don't know what to think of it...I never expected that. I'd rather he just rejected me instead of telling me I'm good enough for sex but nothing real.
You go girl! Good Luck beautiful :smile:
I regret saying it now :colonhash: I thought so much of him. I wanted to make him happy...
Original post by Anonymous
Omds guys :cry: It did not go well at all. I think I shouldn't have said it he can easily play with me now. He said he'll do a casual relationship. (Sex) But he doesn't want a real relationship. :sad: I don't know what to think of it...I never expected that. I'd rather he just rejected me instead of telling me I'm good enough for sex but nothing real.

I'm sorry to hear things didn't go well, but you shouldn't let it discourage you; this says more about him as a person than it does you. Not everyone is like him and there will be someone more compatible out there. Well done for having the courage to ask :smile:
I'm sorry to hear things didn't go well, but you shouldn't let it discourage you; this says more about him as a person than it does you. Not everyone is like him and there will be someone more compatible out there. Well done for having the courage to ask :smile:

Well yeah there goes my courage. Don't think I'm ever going near a guy again. :sad2:
I regret saying it now :colonhash: I thought so much of him. I wanted to make him happy...

Infatuation wears off quickly. Try to keep yourself busy and distracted in the meantime. Don't regret taking chances, it's all experience and will make things easier in the long-run
Well yeah there goes my courage. Don't think I'm ever going near a guy again. :sad2:

Rejection really does suck, but if you think about it, if he had said yes, it's likely that it would have been a bad relationship for you (judging by his response), so you dodged a bullet there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending