Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I retook this and got an extremely low mark (lower than my original) I got 38/90 for Unit 1 and 86/120 for Unit 2, this can't make much sense unless I have some kind of allergy to Unit 1

Does anyone know of any typos or events like that ever occuring?

Sorry to sound quite stupid but its annoying how I thought I was going to get 80+/90 turns into 38/90, quite strange.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel moved to some sort of computerised marking this year, most probably an error with that since it was a pilot program.

read it here: http://www.edexcel.org.uk/aboutus/Ne...99&ciid=190629

ReputationRep:
    In this case would you recommend I get the paper remarked?

ReputationRep:
    request to have a photocopy of the paper back, its costs a fiver (the original costs about £30) and the board remark before its sent to you. That way if the original mark was correct at least you can see where you went wrong instead of speculating.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea, thank you.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.