Are you afraid of death or dying?

Watch
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Are you afraid of death? Do you think there is life after death i.e Heaven, Hell or Reincarnation? Just wondering other peoples take on this.

Personally, I'm not afraid of death as I do not believe in life after death. However, I'm scared of the process of dying & how I could potentially be in so much pain.
username2908878
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Im not afraid of death ATM but I suppose I would be if I was dangling off a building or something !

I like to believe in life after death but who really knows until we die ?
.Iqra.
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ihatescales
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If you don't believe in life after death how are you not afraid of it? It you believed in life after death then that surely would be a reason not to fear it?

Personally, I'm only afraid of the death of others, I don't care as much for myself.
yungaheartz
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
dying in my sleep, no
dying in a horrible, painful way - yes
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not something that bothers me any more, I came to terms with mortality a long time ago.
Guy_Specs
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Death is the great leveller of all people regardless of occupation, class or background.

The knowledge of not waking up one day spurs me into getting the most out of every single day.
username2877554
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I am not Afraid of death, I have no idea what happens after I die :holmes:
hezzlington
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I fear Allah and therefore, I fear life.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Steljoy)
I am not Afraid of death, I have no idea what happens after I die :holmes:
Slowly We Rot.
EternalLight
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not at all.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
i've accepted death as inevitable and so i m not really scared of it anymore, just trying to get everything sorted over the next year so i know i m relieving as much pain as possible for my family when it does happen.
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by squirrology)
Are you afraid of death or dying or both? Do you think there is life after death i.e Heaven, Hell or Reincarnation? Just wondering other peoples take on this.

Personally, I'm not afraid of death as I do not believe in life after death. However, I'm scared of the process of dying & how I could potentially be in so much pain.
Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2088165
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I suppose I do fear death, in that I'm afraid that I might die before getting to do certain things that I want to achieve, but I'm not afraid of death itself, if that makes sense. I also don't believe in life after death, at least not in the concepts of heaven, hell etc
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm not so much scared of death as I am on dying young. I'm scared I'm going to die young when I haven't done everything I want to do in life and when I haven't spent as much time with my loved ones as I see fit.

I don't believe in heaven or an afterlife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
szxdfcgh
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ihatescales)
If you don't believe in life after death how are you not afraid of it? It you believed in life after death then that surely would be a reason not to fear it?

Personally, I'm only afraid of the death of others, I don't care as much for myself.
Because you will know nothing about it. It will just be like before you were born.
squirrology
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by szxdfcgh)
Because you will know nothing about it. It will just be like before you were born.
This.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Not anymore.
username2400835
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm not really afraid of the concept of death, but I am afraid of not living if that makes sense.

As for afterlife and stuff, I really doubt it. The closest thing I could imagine possible is you relive your life over and over and we're never aware that we already lived it. For all we know we could all be dead and this might be our 7th time reliving it, but we're not aware. Obviously it's ridiculous but that's the only thing I imagine there would be.

It's probably like before we we're born, just nothing, no awareness of something if it is there, and not worth worrying about because once you're dead that's it. Best to just focus on the present and time we have and experience whatever death actually is when it happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.2%
October 2021 (116)
49.15%
November 2021 (23)
9.75%
December 2021 (31)
13.14%
January 2021 (21)
8.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.32%