Turn on thread page Beta

For those who did AS English Literature... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    On your results sheet, would I be right in assuming you had two marks, the same as me? Now, are both of those marks (for the two exam papers) out of 90, or is one out of 120? My coursework result isn't even listed and I haven't been given it yet so I'm clueless as to what I got, but I'd be very dissapointed if I got a C as I was predicted an A. If both of the exam papers total 210 marks, then I've got no hope...
    Any help would be appreciated.

ps. The grades weren't given with the results sheet for English for some reason, only the two separate marks...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you are right that one is out of 90 and another out of 120...then the coursework is another 90. So the exams are out of 210. Does that help? Good luck anyway x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica2004)
    Yeah, you are right that one is out of 90 and another out of 120...then the coursework is another 90. So the exams are out of 210. Does that help? Good luck anyway x
    I'm so dissapointed... I got straight As at GCSE and was predicted an A for English AS. I've never done badly with an English essay. And now somehow, even with hours of revision, I've got a 64/120 (Drama + Poetry). I think I'm gonna have to do one of these re-markings or something with the exam board because I could have sworn I done well enough in the exam. And now I've got a C. *depressed*

ReputationRep:
    I too got very high A's in the pre 1900 lit and coursework then got 60/120 on the drama and poetry when it was my best module. :eek:

It's really scary just how wrong I went when I had been predicted an A all year!

My friend also got a lot lower than what he was predicted... do you think this was in fact a prob with Edexcel? (one can dream!) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyC)
    I too got very high A's in the pre 1900 lit and coursework then got 60/120 on the drama and poetry when it was my best module. :eek:

It's really scary just how wrong I went when I had been predicted an A all year!

My friend also got a lot lower than what he was predicted... do you think this was in fact a prob with Edexcel? (one can dream!) :rolleyes:
    This is rare. I wrote a measly 6 pages in total for drama and poetry and got 120/120 overall. Strange indeed as I was predicted a B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinny2256)
    This is rare. I wrote a measly 6 pages in total for drama and poetry and got 120/120 overall. Strange indeed as I was predicted a B.
    Exactly the same for me (although it was a harsh prediction tbh). I got max UMS on The Modern Novel too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Exactly the same for me (although it was a harsh prediction tbh). I got max UMS on The Modern Novel too.
    Well done! Thank god i dont have to resit eng! that would be hell

ReputationRep:
    i did AQA spec B- only dropped 5 marks!! on the introduction to literature paper- the novel. it was an eeeevil essay question to be fair, so grade boundaries must have slipped

ReputationRep:
    damn.... I wrote loads and I know it's not quantity but quality yet still precisely half marks seems so odd as if they only marked one question... does neone know any of those rules about only getting half marks if you don't use quotes...maybe I accidently broke one of thoses?

I think I might get it investigated and also resit it. Ho Hum :rolleyes:

Well done to everyone who has done so well

Mx

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.