liamlarner
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
what is the best way to revise to get a grade 9 for macbeth, christmas carol, relationships poetry, inspector calls and creative and imaginative writing predicted a grade 5 in english and i want to increase it to a 9
CraigBackner
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
grade 5 to a 9, um i think its a bit to late to improve by that much, unless you wanna fail your other gcses
liamlarner
Rep:
(Original post by CraigBackner)
grade 5 to a 9, um i think its a bit to late to improve by that much, unless you wanna fail your other gcses
english is my priortiy
CraigBackner
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by liamlarner)
english is my priortiy
just keep on revising and practising, ask your teacher for help
liamlarner
Rep:
(Original post by CraigBackner)
just keep on revising and practising, ask your teacher for help
thank you
Fannon
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Cliffs notes for the books.
Mr Bruff videos for books and answering longer questions.
Madameanglaise wordpress is amazing for poetry.

Learn all the themes for each thing, memorise quotes and focus on structuring your answers. For a lot of the books they can't say your viewpoint is wrong, they're looking for really good in depth analysis and good scrntence formation.
Afrina
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by liamlarner)
what is the best way to revise to get a grade 9 for macbeth, christmas carol, relationships poetry, inspector calls and creative and imaginative writing predicted a grade 5 in english and i want to increase it to a 9
Hey hey! Hope you're well!

The best thing to do is to practice past paper questions from the board that you are doing. Ask your teacher to mark essays and questions and then ask them on how you can improve. Ask them to give you three targets. Before you ask them, also look through your english book and old tests to see the general comments they made on how you can improve.

Macbeth: Go on to Litnotes/spark notes. Have a look at the information there, see if they are relevant to you. Make revision posters of the plot, context, themes, characters, quotations, key vocab and techniques the author has used.

Creative writing: This comes from practice, practice, and more practice! Check out Descriptionari for inspiration!

I love your attitude to the situation and always push yourself to do better, even if you are at a 9! Always remember that when your passion and purpose are greater than your fears and excuses, you'll find a way to make it happen!

If anything, if your teachers are busy or if you don't want them to mark it, you can always type it up and send it to me so I can mark it for you!

Good luck, keep working hard and you'll smash it! Your attitude is outstanding.

Much love,

Afrina
lisahenry
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Try making thinking of possible questions for the plays/novels/poems and make notes using quotations to answer them in as much detail as possible, this may be easier if you can answer multiple questions with the same quotation so there is less to remember. Also ask your teacher for tips if you keep making similar mistakes. Finally, hope 97% of students do worse than you.
Alicezworld
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
- Know your texts.
- Learn key quotations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads