The Student Room Group

Watching films and getting the wrong message....

I am a patriot and feel that my life has to be devoted to public service, perhaps to try and restore Britain to its imperial greatness. To wind down after a lazy sunday afternoon, I decided to watch Mamma Mia. For those who have watched it, you may be aware of the slipping through my fingers scene, when Sophie is getting ready for her wedding with help from her mum, while her mum sings.

I got particularly emotional, which for someone of my robotic personality not concerned with human emotions like love etc and only concerned with making Britain great is rather odd. The song made me think about the Empire slipping away and how if we dont get Brexit correct, a potential ending of the UK occuring. Obviously, this scene in Mammia Mia is about the growing up and time going by but in a happy way. I think i reacted to it in the wrong way.

Does anyone else sometimes to this, i.e. watch a film, read a book, listen to music and get completely the wrong message
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I listened to Burzum once and went and burned a church. Oh wait,.
Agreed.

I watched Four Lions the other day and it made me recall that Sun article of how we were being taken over by Islam and foreigners, nicking our benefits and destroying our British culture. Terrible stuff, very thought-provoking.

Doffing my flat cap and joining the next Britain First rally, UKIP have my vote on the 8th June :yy:
After reading the tale of scrotie mcboogerballs I wanted to kill the kardashians, don't know why but it happened after reading it.

Quick Reply

Latest