The Student Room Group

Are my grades/subjects Ok for economics at Uni?

Ok, my grades at GCSE were:
3 A*
2 A
3 B
1 C
B in ICT AS level (should go up to an A with a resit in january)

I ****ed up my GCSEs and despite going to a highly academic school ended up dropping german and spanish over the course of the two years and was so badly organised and payed so little attention over the two years that I ****ed up completely.

This year I am studying Physics, maths, economics, politics, am predicted A grades in all as I have got my act together.
Next year am doing Maths, economics, politics and ICT.

Are these subjects OK for studying economics and how much badly do you think I have damaged my chances of getting into a top university with my GCSE grades, basically would 5 AS A grades and 4 A2 A grades make up for them?

Thanks.

Mackemforever.
Reply 1
I have a few friends at Oxford who got mostly Cs and Ds at GCSE, but then went on to get As at A-level. That's what really counts.
Reply 2
James Gurung
I have a few friends at Oxford who got mostly Cs and Ds at GCSE, but then went on to get As at A-level. That's what really counts.

are you lying :eek: :eek:

But it does depend on what you want to study.
Reply 3
02mik_e
are you lying :eek:

Nope, it's true. If you really want to read maths (for example) and demonstrate by extra reading etc that you are passionate about it, and you get good A-level grades then nobody's going to care that you failed History/Geography/Spanish/Latin/PE at GCSE. Obviously it's an advantage to have good GCSE grades though!
Reply 4
i seriously think yur an idiot, you got 12 gcse's with 1 c....and your saying you ********d up ur gcse's i think your one of them snobs, srry but it seems to me like your arrogant, sorry to sound harsh!
Reply 5
jus-mi
i seriously think yur an idiot, you got 12 gcse's with 1 c....and your saying you ********d up ur gcse's i think your one of them snobs, srry but it seems to me like your arrogant, sorry to sound harsh!

lol i don't think it's arrogance, the op just thinks they could have done better and nowadays you are hearing people get more A*/A, so the op thinks it's not enough. It's the op's own prerogative.:redface:
Reply 6
Ditto.

That isn't screwing up at all - It's fine to study anywhere but LSE Economics and maybe Durham, mais c'est tout!
And it wasn't 12 gcses, it was 9 gcses and 1 AS level, learn to count jus-mi

Latest

Trending

Trending