Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in Sept and have been having a goosey gander at www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk, I want to go to:

Skool Daze Disco
    Fatboy Slim
    Electric 6
    Groove Armada
    Babyshambles
    Killa Kela

Should I book the tickets now or can I just wait until I start Uni?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    I'm starting in Sept and have been having a goosey gander at www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk, I want to go to:

Skool Daze Disco
    Fatboy Slim
    Electric 6
    Groove Armada
    Babyshambles
    Killa Kela

Should I book the tickets now or can I just wait until I start Uni?

Thanks in advance!
    When you arrive and have unloaded the car, go to the Union house where you will see a huuuuuuge queue of Freshers waiting to buy tickets for the events! The ones that sell out first are the School Daze, the LCR disco and the Freshers Ball, most people get these - I know I bought them and found that all my housemates had so we all went together which was quite good.

ReputationRep:
    Whatcha doing?

I'm deffo going to UEA in 4 short weeks as well to do French.. maybe Spanish too. Got to send the reply form this morning, I wanna get in the Village !

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Rasmus :cool:

ReputationRep:
    im going to UEA in sept too! i really wanna see keane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    When you arrive and have unloaded the car, go to the Union house where you will see a huuuuuuge queue of Freshers waiting to buy tickets for the events!
    so it would be wise to buy these now over the phone? to save queuing
    (Original post by AcerBen)
    Whatcha doing?

I'm deffo going to UEA in 4 short weeks as well to do French.. maybe Spanish too. Got to send the reply form this morning, I wanna get in the Village !
    Business & Management, I deferred last year so I have known I've been going for a year.

I'm in the new one, Colman House, all confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    so it would be wise to buy these now over the phone? to save queuing

I'm in the new one, Colman House, all confirmed.
    Yea, it would be wise. I ended up only getting a freshers ball ticket last year (out of the 3 main 1st week events), because the queue was that long I just couldn't be bothered waiting.

Colman looks great from what Ive seen, you should have fun.

ReputationRep:
    I should be starting at the UEA in september but im thinking off declining my offer even though i thrashed the grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    I should be starting at the UEA in september but im thinking off declining my offer even though i thrashed the grades.
    How come? did ya not like it?

ReputationRep:
    Im just feeling unsure tbh. Not sure i wana do a business course and not sure its the uni for me. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddychick)
    I think they're sold out ! What you studying?

ReputationRep:
    studying physiotherapy. Awww, i thought they might b but couldn't really phone up and book when I didnt even know if I'd get in!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really into the really heavy stuff so I hope there are some people I'll like there soon because not interested in much of what's on the diary. Would have loved to have seen Keane mind !

ReputationRep:
    me too. I quite like the thrills, think they're going in november sometime. What course you going to b doin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddychick)
    I got a ticket for Keane! They sold out really quickly, 2 of my housemates wanted them but left it too late...they saw Keane when they played UEA in May though, and I didn't get a ticket then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    oooh I caught part of them at glasto...they were very good but a bit too identical to the recordings for my tastes (I like a live perfomrance to sound live/different). :cool:
    I saw their set at V too - it was very good, Tom Chaplain has such a nice voice! Was slightly spoiled by the fact that me and my friend were quite near the back cos we'd come straight from the other stage, and were next to one very drunk man who could barely stand. And it was made worse by the fact that my friend's brother got to 2 rows from the front, and he got there after us cos he'd stopped on the way for the toilet .

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have a question... do the halls have TV aerial links or will I have to bring my own in-door aerial?

ReputationRep:
    do u know what halls you are in yet?

ReputationRep:
    No, the rooms don't have arial links in them, you'll need your own tv arial. And if you're in the village, apparently the reception is crap, so you might want to invest in a reception-amplifier.

I was in Nelson last year

ReputationRep:
    The Village is my #1 choice lol. Damn! I'll have to get an amplifier then.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.