Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    GRRR I'm trying to order a ticket for Razorlight and I tried yesterday but my internet broke and now the union website appears to have crashed. I shall be :mad: if they are sold out!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you've checked already but the online ticket site seems to be up and running now!

Oh by the way, what's the situation with washers/dryers, are they in each building or in a separate building or do you have to find your own laundry places??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kal)
    I'm sure you've checked already but the online ticket site seems to be up and running now!

Oh by the way, what's the situation with washers/dryers, are they in each building or in a separate building or do you have to find your own laundry places??
    Yeah it was the union site that crashed, not the ticket one but it took me a while to find the address for the ticket site! Got my ticket so I'm happy

There is a launderette on campus next to the UFO, machines are £1.60 and dryers are 20p for 7 minutes (all a rip off). The Village has its own lauderette so you don't have to drag all your washing onto campus! Best time to do laundry I discovered it either in the middle of the night, or quite early on Saturday morning, as there are no queues then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    There is a launderette on campus next to the UFO, machines are £1.60 and dryers are 20p for 7 minutes (all a rip off). The Village has its own lauderette so you don't have to drag all your washing onto campus! Best time to do laundry I discovered it either in the middle of the night, or quite early on Saturday morning, as there are no queues then!
    Wow that's actually pretty expensive for what it is! thanks for the advice tho!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kal)
    Wow that's actually pretty expensive for what it is! thanks for the advice tho!!
    Yeah and the machines are really small and I don't trust doing whites with colours so it always costs a fortune!

ReputationRep:
    Knew there had to be some advantage to The Village ! I'll probably do it on Saturday morning before I go to work then

Roughly how long would it take to walk into town ? Like to the market place... I'm used to walking about 25 minutes to work every day at the moment so I wouldn't mind walking if it's not too much further than that. It's the only exercise I get ! Or will I really need a bus ? Is The Village nearer to the town than the uni is?

ReputationRep:
    I think the village and main campus are about the same distance away from the town as they are just accross the road from eachother! Dunno about walking, when I went for interview it took about 10/15mins on the bus but I think i read somewhere that it said it is possible to walk!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcerBen)
    Knew there had to be some advantage to The Village ! I'll probably do it on Saturday morning before I go to work then

Roughly how long would it take to walk into town ? Like to the market place... I'm used to walking about 25 minutes to work every day at the moment so I wouldn't mind walking if it's not too much further than that. It's the only exercise I get ! Or will I really need a bus ? Is The Village nearer to the town than the uni is?
    The Village is no nearer to the city than the uni, and it takes about 1/2 an hour to walk into the city (so I get the bus!).

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'd be perfectly happy to go on a half an hour walk. Love walking. I can take my MD player.

ReputationRep:
    hey one and all.

i just found out ill be staying in Colman House at UEA, just wondered whether anyone else staying there?

xXx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirrorme5)
    hey one and all.

i just found out ill be staying in Colman House at UEA, just wondered whether anyone else staying there?

xXx
    hey I'll be there! I wish there were some pictures of it, I don't think they've even finished building it yet!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kal)
    hey I'll be there! I wish there were some pictures of it, I don't think they've even finished building it yet!! :rolleyes:
    Don't worry, it looks pretty amazing, even compared to Nelson and Constable.

I was there about 3 weeks ago and Im pretty sure they've finished working on it. Worryingly, the extensions to the Hive looked nowhere near complete..

ReputationRep:
    I shall be off to UEA in no time at all. I went for Mary Chapman ( I actually wanted to live in the City Centre), but it is surprisingly cheap. Could anyone tell me if there is anything particularly nasty about it that I may not know of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belinsky)
    I shall be off to UEA in no time at all. I went for Mary Chapman ( I actually wanted to live in the City Centre), but it is surprisingly cheap. Could anyone tell me if there is anything particularly nasty about it that I may not know of?
    Its next to a not so nice area, which I think is the main reason it's so cheap (as well as it being away from campus).

ReputationRep:
    *has panic attack*

*then calms down*

*now excited*

*whoo*

ReputationRep:
    hey so this is probably a really stupid question but it's bugging me. When it says '8-12 person flats', what does that mean exactly? If I'm in flat 13, then does that mean I'm with 8-12 other people sharing the same kitchen/dining area with one door leading to all our rooms (obviously the rooms are separate) or...what? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Where are you staying? Because the layout is different in different accomodation.

Basically, as a general rule, you'll be on a 'floor' together, and that floor will have (if it's Norfolk or Suffolk terrace) one kitchen, a bathroom, a drying room, two toilets, x single rooms and y double rooms. And it'll have a seperate entrance to each 'level', so each flat is divided off.

In Nelson and Constable, they're set out more like terraced houses, so you have seperate front doors, then a kitchen and two en-suite rooms on the ground floor, four en-suite rooms on the middle floor and four en-suite rooms on the top floor.

Colman is laid out like flats apparently.

Waveney is flats, but it doesn't have seperate entrances for each floor - it's got one entrance per 'block' which has like, 40-odd people living in it.

I heard that the Hive refurbishment was practically finished and that there'd be a 'grand opening' like, a week before uni starts. I think i read that on the union website ( http://www.stu.uea.ac.uk ) But i might be lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)

I heard that the Hive refurbishment was practically finished and that there'd be a 'grand opening' like, a week before uni starts. I think i read that on the union website ( http://www.stu.uea.ac.uk ) But i might be lying.
    Trust me, it didnt look any different to the end of last term when I was there a few weeks back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Trust me, it didnt look any different to the end of last term when I was there a few weeks back!
    The website has a photo of the greenhouse kind of bit on it though? And it says 'You can see the Hive in all its new and sophisticated glory from Monday the 13th of Spetember'...? Hopefully it'll be ready in time for the Freshers Ball anyway!

ReputationRep:
    ooh im not sure bout fesher sball

OPd dear im a bit drunk

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.