Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    The website has a photo of the greenhouse kind of bit on it though? And it says 'You can see the Hive in all its new and sophisticated glory from Monday the 13th of Spetember'...? Hopefully it'll be ready in time for the Freshers Ball anyway!
    Yea, by the look of things it will definetly be ready, and the roof looks great. It just didnt look that great when I was there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    Colman is laid out like flats apparently.
    Ah ok thanks! So that's the '8-12 people on every floor with a kitchen and stuff thrown in' dealie? That sounds pretty good. But if I'm in flat 13 and I know someone who's going to flat 40, does that just mean there are loads of buildings making up Colman House? (I'm assuming there aren't 40 floors!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirrorme5)
    hey one and all.

i just found out ill be staying in Colman House at UEA, just wondered whether anyone else staying there?

xXx
    Yep, me too.

I canny wait! I got kitchen stuff as one of my birthday presents so all I need now is football boots, ironing board, iron and, at Chicken's advice, a clothes horse.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, you so don't need an ironing board, provided you're ok with ironing in the kitchen. Why bother lugging it around when there are perfectly good plug points downstairs that you could just plug your iron into?

Secondly, kal, Coleman house is long and thin, like waveney. I suspect that they'll divide it up, so that say, flats 1-5 are in the first section on floors 1-5, flats 6-10 are in the second section on floors 1-5 and so on and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see, thanks! So there'll be a few other people in the same 'flat' as I am?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.