The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL chemistry unit 6B 16/5/2017 exam thread

hey! i couldnt find a thread for chem unit 6b so i decided to start this one! does anyone have good revision notes??? :frown: tbh i have just started with it and i am struggling.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pondsteps
hey! i couldnt find a thread for chem unit 6b so i decided to start this one! does anyone have good revision notes??? :frown: tbh i have just started with it and i am struggling.

i am Completely lost in this unit no idea what to do
Reply 2
the tables in this kind of helps for question 1
thank u
there is just so much we need to know!!
Reply 5
Are there any revision notes available? so hard to find
Reply 6
Original post by xxdrwxx
Are there any revision notes available? so hard to find

There are for unit 5 and 4 but not for unit 6
Reply 8
this website is great for unit 4 and 5 notes
https://chemrevise.org/3-edexcel-revision-guides/
Reply 9
You cud get some resources from an old thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know where to get the unit guide for 3&6 for free? Its not on scribd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Someone please explain why the potassium manganate questions are sometimes from purple to colorless and sometimes colorless to pink
thank you
Original post by cool99w
Someone please explain why the potassium manganate questions are sometimes from purple to colorless and sometimes colorless to pink
thank you

If u have potassium manganate in a burette and pour it into a flask containing a colorless solution, the end point would be when the the purple manganate that ur adding does not become decolorised. So it remains and makes the colourless solution pink.

But if u have the manganate in the flask and add in a colorless reducing agent(for instance fe2+) the end point is when the purple manganate is finally wholly decolorised (all manganate has turned to mn2+)

In short, u gotta be careful about what substance is where.

Posted from TSR mobile
Reply 14
Original post by shady zax
If u have potassium manganate in a burette and pour it into a flask containing a colorless solution, the end point would be when the the purple manganate that ur adding does not become decolorised. So it remains and makes the colourless solution pink.

But if u have the manganate in the flask and add in a colorless reducing agent(for instance fe2+) the end point is when the purple manganate is finally wholly decolorised (all manganate has turned to mn2+)

In short, u gotta be careful about what substance is where.

Posted from TSR mobile

Thank youuuuuu
Original post by cool99w
Thank youuuuuu

Hai :smile:

Posted from TSR mobile
Original post by shady zax
Does anybody know where to get the unit guide for 3&6 for free? Its not on scribd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

pm me ur email as i have gathered some useful documents that i found online
wtf is this june 2016 paper??!!! did anyone attempt it ???? i was solving all the papers and everything was going fine now i solved that paper and i feel so depressed and unready for the exam!!! ughhhhhh i neeed help with it
Original post by pondsteps
pm me ur email as i have gathered some useful documents that i found online

Wow ur so sweet @_@ thanks on it

Posted from TSR mobile
Reply 19
is anybody else struggling in question 1?:frown:

Quick Reply