The Student Room Group

Chemistry empa resits

I have sat the chemistry practicals for as and a2, for the written exam for the empa my center has not given me information on what is coming up. If anyone has sat the chemistry practicals and knows what topics are coming up on the written exam could you please let me know.
Original post by mrcarbon
I have sat the chemistry practicals for as and a2, for the written exam for the empa my center has not given me information on what is coming up. If anyone has sat the chemistry practicals and knows what topics are coming up on the written exam could you please let me know.

FYI, you're not supposed to know what is going to come up... you have to prepare for each possible topic you can think of, including general revision on how practical works and examples of experiments and equipment commonly used.. then revise based on the topic that the practical is on.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
FYI, you're not supposed to know what is going to come up... you have to prepare for each possible topic you can think of, including general revision on how practical works and examples of experiments and equipment commonly used.. then revise based on the topic that the practical is on.

Good luck.

lool. AQA gives out the information to the exam centres after they complete the practical. They don't tell you what exactly comes up, for example something from kinetics and equilibria.
Reply 3
lool. AQA gives out the information to the exam centres after they complete the practical. They don't tell you what exactly comes up, for example something from kinetics and equilibria.

The papers should not be opened until the candidates are in the exam hall to take the exam. Any centre giving out information about what's in the papers is guilty of malpractice.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
The papers should not be opened until the candidates are in the exam hall to take the exam. Any centre giving out information about what's in the papers is guilty of malpractice.

:/ AQA gives the information to the centre which they then pass on to the students.
Reply 5
:/ AQA gives the information to the centre which they then pass on to the students.

No they don't.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
No they don't.

Lool yes they do.
Reply 7
Anyone?

Call AQA and tell them why you still haven't received information about the upcoming topics.

Just to let everyone know this is not malpractice. When I sat my empas as a private candidate your exam centre does give you the topics but they are not specific so they will say the main topics are about amount of substance, the halogens etc, which is all approved by AQA.

Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Raizelcadres
Call AQA and tell them why you still haven't received information about the upcoming topics.

Just to let everyone know this is not malpractice. When I sat my empas as a private candidate your exam centre does give you the topics but they are not specific so they will say the main topics are about amount of substance, the halogens etc, which is all approved by AQA.

Good luck!

Thanks will try!

Quick Reply

Latest