Stomach pain after drinking lots of tea? Watch

Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, why is it that after about 3 or 4 cups of tea (Drunk over a course of 5 hours or so) I get pretty bad stomach pain? I did an unofficial lactose intolerance test last night and drunk about 2 full cups (maybe a pint and a half) of milk and I was completely fine so I think it's safe to rule that out. Is stomach pain after drinking lots of tea normal or is it just me?
katierebekah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I tend to get a stomach ache after more than three cups of tea, or a nauseous feeling, so maybe it is?
Could be a reaction to the tea your drinking, maybe?
harryleavey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ash8991)
Hi, why is it that after about 3 or 4 cups of tea (Drunk over a course of 5 hours or so) I get pretty bad stomach pain? I did an unofficial lactose intolerance test last night and drunk about 2 full cups (maybe a pint and a half) of milk and I was completely fine so I think it's safe to rule that out. Is stomach pain after drinking lots of tea normal or is it just me?
Stop doing it. Your body is trying to tell you something, so stop.
If you are worried, see a doctor - not poorly informed students on TSR
Rooster11366
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No it is not your need to talk to your doctor. As you may need some tests to check a few things.
ladolcevita8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stomach/peptic ulcer maybe? Mine flares up with tea/coffee. In any case cut back and see how it goes on or see a doc
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
But but but...how can an Englishman survive without his hourly cup of tea??
Rooster11366
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol that is so true,
harryleavey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But but but...how can an Englishman survive without his hourly cup of tea??
You're clearly not that worried about it then
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not too sure of the mechanism but it's the same as if you drink a lot of citric juices, or alcohol, NSAIDs etc. it's too acidic and eats away at your stomach lining. Take some Gaviscon or check with your GP on getting Omeprazole (or other PPI medicines they deem appropriate) if it's really bad.
ladolcevita8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
+1 for Omeprazole. Decreases stomach acid production but (from my experience) don't over use it

I wish caffeine could be taken intravenously.
Rooster11366
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you are thinking of going down that line. Talk to your doctor to get the best results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (105)
33.87%
No I don't (143)
46.13%
I work during the holidays (62)
20%

Watched Threads