chocolattee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just wanted to know if anyone is willing to put up their chosen subjects and possibly how they are/have revised/how they normally revise for them subjects and it may help other people with the same subjects?(Or so others can ask about them subjects?)
For me:
Business Studies
Art
Geography
French
Triple Science
Just normal Maths and English but doing the English lit this year.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by R.n_321)
Just wanted to know if anyone is willing to put up their chosen subjects and possibly how they are/have revised/how they normally revise for them subjects and it may help other people with the same subjects?(Or so others can ask about them subjects?)
For me:
Business Studies
Art
Geography
French
Triple Science
Just normal Maths and English but doing the English lit this year.
Sorry to see that you haven't had any responses to this.

I've studied maths at every stage of my life (now at uni) and I know the new 9-1 is very difficult, but the key is to practice and practice in maths until you can tackle difficult questions.

If you're ever stuck, it's worth posting your working in the Maths forum and you can get extra support or insight into things.

Best of luck, sounds cliched but make sure you enjoy your time at school!
chocolattee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
Sorry to see that you haven't had any responses to this.

I've studied maths at every stage of my life (now at uni) and I know the new 9-1 is very difficult, but the key is to practice and practice in maths until you can tackle difficult questions.

If you're ever stuck, it's worth posting your working in the Maths forum and you can get extra support or insight into things.

Best of luck, sounds cliched but make sure you enjoy your time at school!
Ah yes thank you and a shame no ones replied would have been interesting to know. And trouble with me sometimes for maths is applying knowledge to exam questions and especially non calculator and also keeping up with the time.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by R.n_321)
Ah yes thank you and a shame no ones replied would have been interesting to know. And trouble with me sometimes for maths is applying knowledge to exam questions and especially non calculator and also keeping up with the time.
Those are all things that you can practice and improve on eg time management would be doing past papers in exam conditiPMs - one tip here would be to skip any questions that take you too long and you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, and come back if you have the time.
chocolattee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
Those are all things that you can practice and improve on eg time management would be doing past papers in exam conditiPMs - one tip here would be to skip any questions that take you too long and you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, and come back if you have the time.
Thanks for replying - And yes i will be trying that soon
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maths- past papers, textbook questions, essentially doing as many practice questions as physically possible
Business Studies- using the textbook for my designated exam board, I type up the notes.
History- once again, writing clear concise notes with spider diagrams etc.
English Literature- writing and typing notes. Contemplating using flash cards to really get the information into my head.
English Lang- read news articles and different styles of writing.
Sciences- this applies for all three: using flashcards. Past papers stage now.
RE- I have sheets for each topic that I completed. Now I am into past papers.
Product Design- wouldn't mind knowing how to revise for the Innovation Challenge with this lol.
Spanish- used to use Memrise. Not sure what happened. Now doing reading past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads