The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel HELP!!! 9-1

Im really concerned that i wont be able to get into sixth form and do maths as the requirements state you have to get a grade 7 and above. I currently average 43 however ive been getting this since the beginning of the year. I really dont know what to do. How can i boost my marks up. Thank you for any suggestions.
Reply 1
Original post by Tabzz21
Im really concerned that i wont be able to get into sixth form and do maths as the requirements state you have to get a grade 7 and above. I currently average 43 however ive been getting this since the beginning of the year. I really dont know what to do. How can i boost my marks up. Thank you for any suggestions.

hi!! what grade would a 43 be?

all i really recommend is reviewing content at the end of each week (focusing on what you find difficult) and doing a lot of exam questions when revising, as i have noticed that exam questions can be repetitive.

have you got the pearson maths revision guide + workbook? they are really good for revising!
Reply 2
Original post by mikela
hi!! what grade would a 43 be?

all i really recommend is reviewing content at the end of each week (focusing on what you find difficult) and doing a lot of exam questions when revising, as i have noticed that exam questions can be repetitive.

have you got the pearson maths revision guide + workbook? they are really good for revising!

Because its the first year of the 9-1 no one really knows what grade that would be ,however my school predicts thats a grade 5. They predict that a grade 7 would be about 54marks. Also, thanks for your suggestions and no i dont have the workbook.
Reply 3
Original post by Tabzz21
Because its the first year of the 9-1 no one really knows what grade that would be ,however my school predicts thats a grade 5. They predict that a grade 7 would be about 54marks. Also, thanks for your suggestions and no i dont have the workbook.

oooh, i'm not very familiar with this whole thing... out of 80, right?

i believe you can only buy them online, but they were selling it at my school,,
Reply 4
Is this for gcse?? As being a maths a level student at sixth form myself and got an A, equivalent of 8? at gcse, I spent the about 5 running up weeks to the exam doing nothing other than every past paper under the sun for edexcel. It was amazing the difference in my understanding of the paper set up and topics tested!! Good luck!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Bedfe 1
Is this for gcse?? As being a maths a level student at sixth form myself and got an A, equivalent of 8? at gcse, I spent the about 5 running up weeks to the exam doing nothing other than every past paper under the sun for edexcel. It was amazing the difference in my understanding of the paper set up and topics tested!! Good luck!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A in yr10 which is what puts me down even more. The fact that apparently a grade 7 is equivalent to an A is bs and thanks for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply