5 Offers - Now I Have to Decide... HELP!

Watch
iaminneedofhelp!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I've recently applied for Biomedical Science BSc at 5 Universities for 2017 entry (with the exception of the University of Leeds where you can only apply for Medical Sciences BSc).

I received unconditionals (because I took a Gap Year) from Edinburgh (choice to start in Year 1 or 2), Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester and Birmingham.

I now need to decide which University to go to. I only have a knowledge of the Uni's as far as what I've read on the internet so far as I have been away from home since September and have had to submit my application from abroad.

Can people give me some advice on which university is best for everything? Student life? Academics? Nightlife? Whatever you think is an important factor.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

iaminneedofhelp!
Glib
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say Edinburgh or Manchester. Big cities, good nightlife, fantastic and well respected universities.
To be honest, there will be something that draws you to one Uni, believe me, I struggled to make the choice and then suddenly it hit me.
iaminneedofhelp!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Glib)
I'd say Edinburgh or Manchester. Big cities, good nightlife, fantastic and well respected universities.
To be honest, there will be something that draws you to one Uni, believe me, I struggled to make the choice and then suddenly it hit me.
I've heard that Edinburgh is 'boring and bland' with an average-poor nightlife. Incorrect?
Is Manchester better with Science than Leeds or Newcastle?

I should have mentioned that I ideally will go on to study post-graduate medicine somewhere.
Glib
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iaminneedofhelp!)
I've heard that Edinburgh is 'boring and bland' with an average-poor nightlife. Incorrect?
Is Manchester better with Science than Leeds or Newcastle?

I should have mentioned that I ideally will go on to study post-graduate medicine somewhere.
Manchester does have a strong and prestigious science department.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.91%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
29.1%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.91%

Watched Threads